    Intel)?

    Thanks
    __QP__
    Quentin Pope, Feb 6, 2012

  2. Quentin Pope

    Ben Pfaff Guest

    Quentin Pope <> writes:

    > Which C11 compilers are people here using? Have you had any problems with
    > the new features? Does anyone have information on vendors' plans (esp gcc,
    > Intel)?

    Did you see http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.7/changes.html, which lists
    changes for the upcoming GCC 4.7 release:

    There is support for some more features from the C11 revision of
    the ISO C standard. GCC now accepts the options -std=c11 and
    -std=gnu11, in addition to the previous -std=c1x and -std=gnu1x.

    * Unicode strings (previously supported only with options such
    as -std=gnu11, now supported with -std=c11), and the
    predefined macros __STDC_UTF_16__ and __STDC_UTF_32__.

    * Nonreturning functions (_Noreturn and <stdnoreturn.h>).

    * Alignment support (_Alignas, _Alignof, max_align_t,
    <stdalign.h>).

    * A built-in function __builtin_complex is provided to support
    C library implementation of the CMPLX family of macros.
    --
    Ben Pfaff
    http://benpfaff.org
    Ben Pfaff, Feb 6, 2012

  3. bartek szurgot <> writes:
    > On 02/06/2012 06:48 PM, Quentin Pope wrote:

    [...]
    >> Which C11 compilers are people here using? Have you had any problems with
    >> the new features? Does anyone have information on vendors' plans (esp gcc,
    >> Intel)?

    > i had been experimenting with 3 compilers for C++11 (sorry - they are
    > still C++0x ;)). it looks like this:
    > 1. GCC - most major features are there. many small things are missing
    > though (list of features can be found on GCC's site). bugs still happen too.
    > 2. Visual (Microsoft) - i'd say that less than a half of what GCC supports.
    > 3. ICC (Intel's) - very limited (basic) support.

    The question was about C11, not C++11.

    Will write code for food.
    Keith Thompson, Feb 6, 2012
  4. Quentin Pope

    Rui Maciel Guest

    Quentin Pope wrote:

    > I have been searching on Google for reviews and comparisons of available
    > C11 compilers, and general information on degree of compliance and likely
    > roll out schedules for major vendors as they update their implementations
    > in accordance with the new standard.
    >
    > However, I've found very little information on this topic!
    >
    > Which C11 compilers are people here using? Have you had any problems with
    > the new features? Does anyone have information on vendors' plans (esp gcc,
    > Intel)?

    I am not aware of any comparisons other than the ones which are displayed in
    each compiler's site.

    It would be nice if there was an objective review on this issue. Maybe it
    is possible to put together a C11 compliance test and then host the results
    somewhere, such as a wiki from wikia.

    At this moment I'm not able to do this, and I'm affraid it would take a bit
    of time and work to do it right. Is anyone interested in contributing to
    this?

    Rui Maciel
    Rui Maciel, Feb 6, 2012