comparing characters from strings

Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
hi
i need to write code for sdi 12 protocol
module (dataline,sensor_out);
inout [31:0]dataline;--
in [31:0]sensor_out;

I want to compare the strings recieved from the dataline
if input from dataline is aM! -- a is address of sensor, M is measurement request,! is stop.
then i want to compare the address a (there are 10 sensors whose address will be a,b,c,d.....j) whether it belongs to the current sensor.

then i want to compare the second character i.e, M (we have different commands like M for measurement, D for data request, C for concurrent measurements, R for Continuous Measurements..)

if it is M then i want to store sensor_out in a register,
if it is D then i want to transmit stored sensor_out to dataline

Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
just give me hint to transmit data(text) serially and to store it in a memory character wise