Comparing Images

Guest

Lets say i have 2 images, a.jpg and b.jpg
Both are actually one same picture of a bear but have different filenames.
is there anyway in .net that i can find out if the two pictures are actually
same even if the filename is different.

Jack Li

Hi Solitus,

If you are talking about byte by byte comparsion, not graphic recognition,
you could load the image into memory using Image object and compare them
byte by byte or by hash.

However this seems not related to ASP.NET? :)

Regards,
Jack Li
MVP (ASP.NET)

Guest

So if i have image A showing a bear and image B showing what A shows,
comparing byte by byte or hash will verify if they are equal?

Jack Li

Hi Solitus,

For byte by byte compare, two image must be EXACTLY the same, even if they
are different by one pixel only, they are different. However, to human eye,
if two image are differ only by a very little amount, we may consider they
are the same, those differents may be caused by file compression too.

Regards,
Jack Li
MVP (ASP.NET)