    btw,
    I found some interesting content here:
    http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=3D293
    Dan Bikle, Oct 26, 2005

  2. Dan Bikle

    James Britt Guest

    Dan Bikle wrote:
    > People,
    >
    > I've done some searching in both RAA and RubyForge.
    >
    > I'm mostly looking for content to teach myself to be a better
    > Ruby and Rails developer.
    >
    > They both look like open-source repositories to me but
    > RubyForge looks 'bigger' (to me).
    >
    > Do certain types of projects land in RubyForge rather than
    > RAA for any particular reason?

    Um, RAA is older, so many projects were added there before there ever
    was a RubyForge.

    RubyForge hosts project code; RAA serves as a directory for code hosted
    almost anyplace.

    > -Dan
    > btw,
    > I found some interesting content here:
    > http://sourceforge.net/softwaremap/trove_list.php?form_cat=293

    There's some stuff listed here, too:

    http://ruby.codezoo.com/

    James

    James Britt, Oct 26, 2005

  3. Dan Bikle ha scritto:
    > People,
    >
    > I've done some searching in both RAA and RubyForge.
    >
    > I'm mostly looking for content to teach myself to be a better
    > Ruby and Rails developer.
    >
    > They both look like open-source repositories to me but
    > RubyForge looks 'bigger' (to me).
    >
    > Do certain types of projects land in RubyForge rather than
    > RAA for any particular reason?

    RAA is an index of packages, rubyforge is also a hosting for projects.
    In theory everyone that has something in rubyforge should also list it
    in RAA, while RAA should also index packages hosted elsewhere, so it
    should have more results.

    In practice I think that there is a trend beetween people that joined
    the ruby comunity when RF was already active to just stop there and
    don't include the package in RAA.
    gabriele renzi, Oct 26, 2005