Comparing standards compliance between compilers

Steve

Hi,

I have a vague memory of a website which listed various compilers and how
compliant they were with the standard.

It may have been a few years ago now, but at the time I think Visual C++ was
about 50% and Metrowerks CodeWarrior was about 75%. I know things have moved
on and I think Visual Studio is now about 97% compliant?

Does anyone know of any such information? (Or was it all just a dream?! :)

Thanks for any help.

Howard

Steve said:
Hi,

I have a vague memory of a website which listed various compilers and how
compliant they were with the standard.

It may have been a few years ago now, but at the time I think Visual C++
was
about 50% and Metrowerks CodeWarrior was about 75%. I know things have
moved
on and I think Visual Studio is now about 97% compliant?

Does anyone know of any such information? (Or was it all just a dream?!
:)

Thanks for any help.

If such a site existed (and it probably did, there's a site for just about
anything one can imagine), I'd like to read how they came up with such
numbers. What exactly would it mean to be 97% compliant? And how helpful
would such a measurement be, really, other than to rank compilers to see who
is "better"?

Hmmm....I am imagining someone who is "97% compliant" with all the traffic
laws...the only one they don't comply with is that pesky stop-sign rule.
Ouch! :)

-Howard

Ian

Howard said:
If such a site existed (and it probably did, there's a site for just about
anything one can imagine), I'd like to read how they came up with such
numbers. What exactly would it mean to be 97% compliant? And how helpful
would such a measurement be, really, other than to rank compilers to see who
is "better"?
C++ users journal did a report a number of years ago, I haven't seen
anything recent.

Ian
Hmmm....I am imagining someone who is "97% compliant" with all the traffic
laws...the only one they don't comply with is that pesky stop-sign rule.
Ouch! :)
To be 10% compliant, they'd also have to comply with those pesky speed
limit things....

Ian