    AND I NEED THIS FOR GENERIC VARIABLES( FOR ALL 3 PARAMETERS)

    thank you
    bye

    srinukasam, Jun 29, 2005

  2. srinukasam

    Me Guest

    On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 04:45:47 -0400, srinukasam wrote:

    > hello
    > in my design i need a logic to compare the array (suppose width 16 bit
    > and
    > size of 0 to 15) with a vector of 16 bit in parallel and in one clk
    > cycle.
    > and need to generate address of array is matching.
    > AND I NEED THIS FOR GENERIC VARIABLES( FOR ALL 3 PARAMETERS)
    >
    > thank you
    > bye

    Homework?
    I hope VHDL teachers in India read this newsgroup.

    A.

    Me, Jun 29, 2005

  3. srinukasam wrote:

    > in my design i need a logic to compare the array (suppose width 16 bit
    > and
    > size of 0 to 15) with a vector of 16 bit in parallel and in one clk
    > cycle.
    > and need to generate address of array is matching.

    What part of my last explanation did you not understand?

    > AND I NEED THIS FOR GENERIC VARIABLES( FOR ALL 3 PARAMETERS)

    Which 3 parameters? Your description of the problem is not clear.

    Comparing a vector element to a constant or generic parameter is not
    different to comparing it to a signal.

    Ralf

    Ralf Hildebrandt, Jun 29, 2005
  4. srinukasam

    Andy Peters Guest

    srinukasam wrote:
    > hello
    > in my design i need a logic to compare the array (suppose width 16 bit
    > and
    > size of 0 to 15) with a vector of 16 bit in parallel and in one clk
    > cycle.
    > and need to generate address of array is matching.
    > AND I NEED THIS FOR GENERIC VARIABLES( FOR ALL 3 PARAMETERS)

    Sounds like a job for a content-addressable memory (CAM).
    Implementation details are left as an exercise for the reader.

    -a

    Andy Peters, Jun 30, 2005