Comparing thick and thin clients

Mike

Hi everyone,

I need to supply some documentation and comparison between a Windows-based (thick) client and a Web-based (thin) client. I know that it really depends on the situation and requirements, but I was wondering whether there are documents that do a generic comparison between the two clients. Any link to articles/others will be really helpful.

Thanks.
Mike

Joined
Aug 29, 2006
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Article to Download

Hi,

I downloaded an article that discusses how much of an application you should put on the client and how much onthe server. It is primarilly aimed at wireless applications but some of the information may be useful for you to develop your own documentation.

If you have any specific questions I am more than willing to help.

The article can be downloaed the from ZDNet at the following URL.

http://whitepapers.zdnet.co.uk/0,39025945,60118971p-39000429q,00.htm

I hope that helps.

Gary Francis
Software Developer
SSI Computer Services Ltd.
Providing IT Support solutions in London

John Timney \(MVP\)

Why not read the wiki on these and see if you can clarify your question
better.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thick_client
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin_client

--