Comparing two tags

Discussion in 'XML' started by Developer.dp, Feb 8, 2012.

  1. Developer.dp

    Developer.dp

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Folks,

    I need your help to prepare xsl for this.

    Here is what I am trying to do.
    It's a request-reply scenario.

    In the request part
    **********************
    I have retrieved 'Employee_ID' from a table and stored it in an xsl variable.

    <xsl:variable name="EmpData">
    <SELECT EMP_ID from EMPLOYEE where Age='20'>
    </xsl:variable>

    Result:
    ---------
    EMP_ID
    100,200,300, 400, 500, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115....

    In the response part
    ************************
    I am getting xml data similar to this

    <EmpResponse>
    <Employee>
    <EMP_ID>100</EMP_ID>
    <EMP_ID>200</EMP_ID>
    <EMP_ID>300</EMP_ID>
    </Employee>
    <Employee>
    <EMP_ID>111</EMP_ID>
    <EMP_ID>112</EMP_ID>
    </Employee>
    </EmpResponse>

    Without storing the request output and response in files, how can I verify if the 'EMP-ID' values returned in the response are matching with the 'EMP_ID' values sent in the request?
    And how can I store all the IDs that are matching in one variable and all the IDs that are not matching in a different variable?

    Please advise. Your help is highly appreciated.
    Developer.dp, Feb 8, 2012