    So can anybody suggest me the best optimized way to do it!

    Thanks
    john

    john, Mar 17, 2005

  2. john

    Jezwold Guest

    I wouldnt have though that there is a very big solution
    space,comparison is comparison.Ten macro cells gives you I don't know
    how many gates but more than you need.

    Jezwold, Mar 17, 2005

  3. john wrote:
    > I am trying to comapare two 14bit unsigned numbers. Now comparision is
    > easy but I have 10 macrocells available to do it.
    > So can anybody suggest me the best optimized way to do it!

    That's tight.
    Brute force I get 9 LCs in a maxii or 11 LCs in a max3.
    If you can spare 15 clock ticks of time,
    you could shift them through one bit registers
    and set a flop on the first mismatch.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Mar 17, 2005