    just the perl-exe itself...

    thanx
    Alex

    Alex F., Feb 20, 2004

  2. Alex F.

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Alex F. <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > is it possible to call perl running on HPUX11.xy from a
    > HPUX10.xy-machine - don´t care which perl-version and which modules,
    > just the perl-exe itself...

    That would be better asked in a HPUX group. The perl binary isn't special,
    I'd expect it to behave like other binaries.

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Feb 20, 2004

  3. -berlin.de (Anno Siegel) wrote in news:c15muk$l05$3
    @mamenchi.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE:

    > Alex F. <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    >> Hi folks,
    >>
    >> is it possible to call perl running on HPUX11.xy from a
    >> HPUX10.xy-machine

    No, unless the perl binary on 11.x is compiled with +DAportable (HP C-ANSI-C)
    or with -mpa-risc-1-1 (GNU gcc) and even then, there is no guarantee it'll
    work. It will work the other way round: calling a 10.20 binary from 11.x

    It will never work if you call from itanium to pa-risc or vise versa

    --
    H.Merijn Brand Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://www.amsterdam.pm.org/)
    using perl-5.6.1, 5.8.0 & 633 on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, AIX 4.2, AIX 4.3,

    H. Merijn Brand, Feb 23, 2004