Compatibility of perl on different HPUX-Versions

Alex F.

Hi folks,

is it possible to call perl running on HPUX11.xy from a
HPUX10.xy-machine - don´t care which perl-version and which modules,
just the perl-exe itself...

thanx
Alex

Anno Siegel

Alex F. said:
Hi folks,

is it possible to call perl running on HPUX11.xy from a
HPUX10.xy-machine - don´t care which perl-version and which modules,
just the perl-exe itself...

That would be better asked in a HPUX group. The perl binary isn't special,
I'd expect it to behave like other binaries.

Anno

H. Merijn Brand

(e-mail address removed)-berlin.de (Anno Siegel) wrote in @mamenchi.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE:

No, unless the perl binary on 11.x is compiled with +DAportable (HP C-ANSI-C)
or with -mpa-risc-1-1 (GNU gcc) and even then, there is no guarantee it'll
work. It will work the other way round: calling a 10.20 binary from 11.x

It will never work if you call from itanium to pa-risc or vise versa