Compilator GPP

karolgreat

Hello,
I downloaded compilator gpp344b but i dont know how can i compile
programs.
I have file program.cpp in folder gpp344b\bin (in this folder is also
file gpp.exe so i think i should put file with source of my program
also into this folder)
and i write: "gpp program.cpp"
but then i see this error:
"gpp.exe: environment variable DJGPP not defined" :(
what should i do?
Greetings
Ka-lolek

*sry for my english:p

Victor Bazarov

I downloaded compilator gpp344b but i dont know how can i compile
programs.
I have file program.cpp in folder gpp344b\bin (in this folder is also
file gpp.exe so i think i should put file with source of my program
also into this folder)
and i write: "gpp program.cpp"
but then i see this error:
"gpp.exe: environment variable DJGPP not defined" :(
what should i do?

Define it. And then go to DJGPP web site and RTFM.

Victor Bazarov

what does "define it" mean?
what must i do to define it?

I have a very little idea what "environment" you're using. In *my*
environment I set an *environment variable* by means of the "set"
command. Now, it has nothing to do with C++ language, that's why
continuing to talk about it would be a violation of the topicality
of this newsgroup. You should also consider going to DJGPP web site
and RTFMing *before* defining the variable, contrary to my advice.
I have a sneaky suspicion that in their FM they explain relatively
well what you need to do to use their product.