    these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.

    Thanks.

    Regards.

    Magix, Oct 1, 2004

  2. Magix

    Chris Barts Guest

    On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 14:31:28 +0800, Magix wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.

    I feel your pain.

    > how can I create an Dos execution file by linking?

    By reading the relevant documentation that should have shipped with your
    compiler and linker.

    Chris Barts, Oct 1, 2004

  3. Magix

    dandelion Guest

    "Magix" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.
    >
    > how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
    > compilation command is bc.
    > Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe from
    > these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.
    >
    > Thanks.

    RTFM.

    dandelion, Oct 1, 2004
  4. Magix

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "Magix" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.
    >
    > how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
    > compilation command is bc.
    > Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe from
    > these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.

    I just bought a new coffee-maker. I'm not sure how to
    operate it. What should I do?

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Oct 1, 2004
  5. Magix wrote:

    > I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.
    >
    > how can I create an Dos execution file by linking?
    > Assume that the compilation command is bc.
    > Let say I have test1.c and test2.c,
    > I want to create final test.exe from these two files.
    > Any tips?

    Did you try the Borland home page?

    http://www.borland.com/

    E. Robert Tisdale, Oct 1, 2004
  6. In article <Zof7d.356$>,
    Mike Wahler <> wrote:
    >"Magix" <> wrote in message news:...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.
    >>
    >> how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
    >> compilation command is bc.
    >> Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe from
    >> these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.

    >I just bought a new coffee-maker. I'm not sure how to
    >operate it. What should I do?

    Let's see - maybe go to comp.machinery.coffer-makers and post an item
    that mentions the brand of coffee maker that I just bought and asks if
    anyone can help. Sounds good to me.

    (So, let's see - just bought a new C compiler - maybe go to comp.lang.c and
    post an item that mentions the brand of c compiler that I just bought and
    asks if anyone can help. Sounds good to me... Oops! What went wrong with
    this analogy?)

    Kenny McCormack, Oct 1, 2004
  7. Magix

    Default User Guest

    Kenny McCormack wrote:

    > (So, let's see - just bought a new C compiler - maybe go to
    > comp.lang.c and post an item that mentions the brand of c compiler
    > that I just bought and asks if anyone can help. Sounds good to me...
    > Oops! What went wrong with this analogy?)

    Hmmmm, lessee, how did it take this long for Kenny to get into my new
    killfile?

    No matter, problem corrected.

    Brian Rodenborn

    Default User, Oct 1, 2004
  8. In article <>,
    Default User <> wrote:
    >Kenny McCormack wrote:
    >
    >> (So, let's see - just bought a new C compiler - maybe go to
    >> comp.lang.c and post an item that mentions the brand of c compiler
    >> that I just bought and asks if anyone can help. Sounds good to me...
    >> Oops! What went wrong with this analogy?)

    >Hmmmm, lessee, how did it take this long for Kenny to get into my new
    >killfile?
    >
    >No matter, problem corrected.

    Your killfile doesn't work...

    Kenny McCormack, Oct 1, 2004
  9. Magix

    ozbear Guest

    On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 16:15:53 GMT, "Mike Wahler"
    <> wrote:

    >"Magix" <> wrote in message news:...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.
    >>
    >> how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
    >> compilation command is bc.
    >> Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe from
    >> these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.

    >I just bought a new coffee-maker. I'm not sure how to
    >operate it. What should I do?
    >
    >-Mike

    Check the FAQ under the coffee-maker section.

    Oz
    --
    A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

    ozbear, Oct 1, 2004
  10. Kenny McCormack wrote:

    > Something that calls itself Default User wrote:
    >
    >>Hmmmm, lessee, how did it take this long for Kenny to get into my new
    >>killfile?
    >>
    >>No matter, problem corrected.

    > Your killfile doesn't work...

    It's just a troll.
    Please ignore it.

    E. Robert Tisdale, Oct 1, 2004
  11. In article <cjkm3l$g0f$>,
    E. Robert Tisdale <> wrote:
    >Kenny McCormack wrote:
    >
    >> Something that calls itself Default User wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hmmmm, lessee, how did it take this long for Kenny to get into my new
    >>>killfile?
    >>>
    >>>No matter, problem corrected.

    >> Your killfile doesn't work...

    >It's just a troll.
    >Please ignore it.

    According to the new (read: wrong) definition of troll. That is, "someone
    I disagree with".

    HTH.

    Kenny McCormack, Oct 2, 2004
  12. ozbear wrote:

    > Check the FAQ under the coffee-maker section.

    Or go to
    <URL:http://space.mit.edu/ACIS/coffee.html>

    Martin Ambuhl, Oct 2, 2004
  13. Kenny McCormack wrote:

    > According to the new (read: wrong) definition of troll.
    > That is, "someone I disagree with".

    I know of three definitions in this context:

    1. According to the Free On-Line Dictionary Of Computing (FOLDOC)

    http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/

    "troll

    An electronic mail message, Usenet posting
    or other (electronic) communication which is intentionally incorrect,
    but not overtly controversial (compare flame bait),
    or the act of sending such a message. Trolling aims to elicit
    an emotional reaction from those with a hair-trigger on the reply key.
    A really subtle troll makes some people lose their minds."

    2. Indigenous trolls like those in The Three Billy Goats Gruff

    http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/type0122e.html#gruff

    These are hideous predatory creatures who live under bridges
    (Usenet newsgroups) and snack on billy goats
    (unwary new subscribers).

    3. An epithet that debaters hurl at their opponents
    when they lose and argument -- the definition that you cite.

    Abuse of new subscribers by indigenous trolls
    follows a typical pattern:

    * The new subscriber posts a question.
    * An indigenous troll insults the new subscriber.
    * The new subscriber complains.
    * Another troll accuses the new subscriber of being "rude".
    * Plonk! The new subscriber is "killfiled"
    by one or more indigenous trolls.

    It's important to learn to recognize trolls and ignore them.

    E. Robert Tisdale, Oct 2, 2004
  14. Magix

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 14:31:28 +0800, "Magix" <> wrote in
    comp.lang.c:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.
    >
    > how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
    > compilation command is bc.
    > Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe from
    > these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Regards.

    Questions about how to use a specific set of tools are considered
    off-topic here, as they are not defined by the language.

    Borland has a large number of support groups for their products on
    their server nntp://newsgroups.borland.com. The group
    borland.public.cpp.borlandcpp covers older versions of their
    compilers.

    When you post there, it is best to specify the exact version number of
    your compiler.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Oct 2, 2004
  15. In article <cjktjk$jn3$>,
    E. Robert Tisdale <> wrote:
    >Abuse of new subscribers by indigenous trolls
    >follows a typical pattern:
    >
    >* The new subscriber posts a question.
    >* An indigenous troll insults the new subscriber.
    >* The new subscriber complains.
    >* Another troll accuses the new subscriber of being "rude".
    >* Plonk! The new subscriber is "killfiled"
    > by one or more indigenous trolls.

    Indeed.
    You've just described every thread in this NG.

    >It's important to learn to recognize trolls and ignore them.

    If you did that, you'd ignore every post/thread in this NG.
    And, where's the fun in that?

    Kenny McCormack, Oct 2, 2004
  16. Magix

    Mike Wahler Guest

    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.
    > >>
    > >> how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
    > >> compilation command is bc.
    > >> Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe

    from
    > >> these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.

    > >I just bought a new coffee-maker. I'm not sure how to
    > >operate it. What should I do?

    > Let's see - maybe go to comp.machinery.coffer-makers and post an item
    > that mentions the brand of coffee maker that I just bought and asks if
    > anyone can help. Sounds good to me.
    >
    > (So, let's see - just bought a new C compiler - maybe go to comp.lang.c

    and
    > post an item that mentions the brand of c compiler that I just bought and
    > asks if anyone can help. Sounds good to me... Oops! What went wrong

    with
    > this analogy?)

    I think you completly missed my point. The proper response
    to my question is: "Read The Directions."

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Oct 2, 2004
  17. On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 19:18:15 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
    (Kenny McCormack) wrote:

    >Let's see - maybe go to comp.machinery.coffer-makers and post an item
    >that mentions the brand of coffee maker that I just bought and asks if
    >anyone can help. Sounds good to me.
    >
    >(So, let's see - just bought a new C compiler - maybe go to comp.lang.c and
    >post an item that mentions the brand of c compiler that I just bought and
    >asks if anyone can help. Sounds good to me... Oops! What went wrong with
    >this analogy?)

    Nothing, its perfect. It shows why randomly selecting a group based on its
    name then posting there without bothering to check the topic or lurk first
    is a bad idea.

    "My TV is no longer picking up the naughty channels, I'll post an article
    in alt.sex.tv & mention my post code and email address in case anyone can
    help me, what could possibly go wrong?"
    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Oct 2, 2004
  18. On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 13:32:35 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
    (Kenny McCormack) wrote:

    >In article <cjktjk$jn3$>,
    >E. Robert Tisdale <> wrote:
    >>Abuse of new subscribers by indigenous trolls
    >>follows a typical pattern:
    >>
    >>* The new subscriber posts a question.
    >>* An indigenous troll insults the new subscriber.
    >>* The new subscriber complains.
    >>* Another troll accuses the new subscriber of being "rude".
    >>* Plonk! The new subscriber is "killfiled"
    >> by one or more indigenous trolls.

    >Indeed.
    >You've just described every thread in this NG.
    >
    >>It's important to learn to recognize trolls and ignore them.

    >If you did that, you'd ignore every post/thread in this NG.
    >And, where's the fun in that?

    This is funny, two of the most idiotic trolls round here arguing.
    --
    Mark McIntyre

    Mark McIntyre, Oct 2, 2004
  19. Magix

    Dan Pop Guest

    In <cjkaun$nu3$> (Kenny McCormack) writes:

    >In article <Zof7d.356$>,
    >Mike Wahler <> wrote:
    >>"Magix" <> wrote in message news:...
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.
    >>>
    >>> how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
    >>> compilation command is bc.
    >>> Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe from
    >>> these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.

    >>I just bought a new coffee-maker. I'm not sure how to
    >>operate it. What should I do?

    >Let's see - maybe go to comp.machinery.coffer-makers and post an item
    >that mentions the brand of coffee maker that I just bought and asks if
    >anyone can help. Sounds good to me.
    >
    >(So, let's see - just bought a new C compiler - maybe go to comp.lang.c and
    >post an item that mentions the brand of c compiler that I just bought and
    >asks if anyone can help. Sounds good to me... Oops! What went wrong with
    >this analogy?)

    To be valid, you should compare rec.food.drink.coffee in the context of
    the question about operating a certain coffee maker and comp.lang.c in
    the context of compiling a C program.

    Or comp.machinery.coffer-makers and comp.usage.c-compilers.

    Dan
    --
    Dan Pop
    DESY Zeuthen, RZ group