Compile and link

Magix

Hi,

I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.

how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
compilation command is bc.
Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe from
these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.

Thanks.

Regards.

dandelion

Magix said:
Hi,

I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.

how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
compilation command is bc.
Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe from
these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.

Thanks.

RTFM.

Mike Wahler

Magix said:
Hi,

I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.

how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
compilation command is bc.
Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe from
these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.

I just bought a new coffee-maker. I'm not sure how to
operate it. What should I do?

-Mike

E. Robert Tisdale

Magix said:
I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.

how can I create an Dos execution file by linking?
Assume that the compilation command is bc.
Let say I have test1.c and test2.c,
I want to create final test.exe from these two files.
Any tips?

Did you try the Borland home page?

http://www.borland.com/

Kenny McCormack

I just bought a new coffee-maker. I'm not sure how to
operate it. What should I do?

Let's see - maybe go to comp.machinery.coffer-makers and post an item
that mentions the brand of coffee maker that I just bought and asks if
anyone can help. Sounds good to me.

(So, let's see - just bought a new C compiler - maybe go to comp.lang.c and
post an item that mentions the brand of c compiler that I just bought and
asks if anyone can help. Sounds good to me... Oops! What went wrong with
this analogy?)

Default User

Kenny McCormack wrote:
(So, let's see - just bought a new C compiler - maybe go to
comp.lang.c and post an item that mentions the brand of c compiler
that I just bought and asks if anyone can help. Sounds good to me...
Oops! What went wrong with this analogy?)

Hmmmm, lessee, how did it take this long for Kenny to get into my new
killfile?

No matter, problem corrected.

Brian Rodenborn

E. Robert Tisdale

Kenny said:
According to the new (read: wrong) definition of troll.
That is, "someone I disagree with".

I know of three definitions in this context:

1. According to the Free On-Line Dictionary Of Computing (FOLDOC)

http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/

"troll

An electronic mail message, Usenet posting
or other (electronic) communication which is intentionally incorrect,
but not overtly controversial (compare flame bait),
or the act of sending such a message. Trolling aims to elicit
an emotional reaction from those with a hair-trigger on the reply key.
A really subtle troll makes some people lose their minds."

2. Indigenous trolls like those in The Three Billy Goats Gruff

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/type0122e.html#gruff

These are hideous predatory creatures who live under bridges
(Usenet newsgroups) and snack on billy goats
(unwary new subscribers).

3. An epithet that debaters hurl at their opponents
when they lose and argument -- the definition that you cite.

Abuse of new subscribers by indigenous trolls
follows a typical pattern:

* The new subscriber posts a question.
* An indigenous troll insults the new subscriber.
* The new subscriber complains.
* Another troll accuses the new subscriber of being "rude".
* Plonk! The new subscriber is "killfiled"
by one or more indigenous trolls.

It's important to learn to recognize trolls and ignore them.

Jack Klein

Hi,

I'm using Borland C Dos Compiler.

how can I create an Dos execution file by linking? Assume that the
compilation command is bc.
Let say I have test1.c and test2.c, I want to create final test.exe from
these two files. Any tips? Probably batch script will be nice.

Thanks.

Regards.

Questions about how to use a specific set of tools are considered
off-topic here, as they are not defined by the language.

Borland has a large number of support groups for their products on
their server nntp://newsgroups.borland.com. The group
borland.public.cpp.borlandcpp covers older versions of their
compilers.

When you post there, it is best to specify the exact version number of
your compiler.

Kenny McCormack

E. Robert Tisdale said:
Abuse of new subscribers by indigenous trolls
follows a typical pattern:

* The new subscriber posts a question.
* An indigenous troll insults the new subscriber.
* The new subscriber complains.
* Another troll accuses the new subscriber of being "rude".
* Plonk! The new subscriber is "killfiled"
by one or more indigenous trolls.

Indeed.
You've just described every thread in this NG.
It's important to learn to recognize trolls and ignore them.

If you did that, you'd ignore every post/thread in this NG.
And, where's the fun in that?

Mike Wahler

Kenny McCormack said:
Let's see - maybe go to comp.machinery.coffer-makers and post an item
that mentions the brand of coffee maker that I just bought and asks if
anyone can help. Sounds good to me.

(So, let's see - just bought a new C compiler - maybe go to comp.lang.c and
post an item that mentions the brand of c compiler that I just bought and
asks if anyone can help. Sounds good to me... Oops! What went wrong with
this analogy?)

I think you completly missed my point. The proper response
to my question is: "Read The Directions."

-Mike

Mark McIntyre

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 19:18:15 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
Let's see - maybe go to comp.machinery.coffer-makers and post an item
that mentions the brand of coffee maker that I just bought and asks if
anyone can help. Sounds good to me.

(So, let's see - just bought a new C compiler - maybe go to comp.lang.c and
post an item that mentions the brand of c compiler that I just bought and
asks if anyone can help. Sounds good to me... Oops! What went wrong with
this analogy?)

Nothing, its perfect. It shows why randomly selecting a group based on its
name then posting there without bothering to check the topic or lurk first
is a bad idea.

"My TV is no longer picking up the naughty channels, I'll post an article
in alt.sex.tv & mention my post code and email address in case anyone can
help me, what could possibly go wrong?"

Mark McIntyre

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 13:32:35 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
Indeed.
You've just described every thread in this NG.

If you did that, you'd ignore every post/thread in this NG.
And, where's the fun in that?

This is funny, two of the most idiotic trolls round here arguing.

Dan Pop

In said:
Let's see - maybe go to comp.machinery.coffer-makers and post an item
that mentions the brand of coffee maker that I just bought and asks if
anyone can help. Sounds good to me.

(So, let's see - just bought a new C compiler - maybe go to comp.lang.c and
post an item that mentions the brand of c compiler that I just bought and
asks if anyone can help. Sounds good to me... Oops! What went wrong with
this analogy?)

To be valid, you should compare rec.food.drink.coffee in the context of
the question about operating a certain coffee maker and comp.lang.c in
the context of compiling a C program.

Or comp.machinery.coffer-makers and comp.usage.c-compilers.

Dan