Compile asp.net VBNet using vbc.exe command line error

Dave Willock

I'm currently trying to compile my asp.net application into a dll
for this i'm using the vbc.exe program.

The problem i'm having is that there is an error occurring
it doesn't seem to like dateTime and Instr functions, I know these
worked because i've had it compiling before with these but my
computer crashed and I had to restore but lost my comile batch file.

the command line i'm using is.

d:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\vbc /t:library
/r:System.dll /r:System.Web.dll /r:System.Drawing.dll
/r:System.Data.dll /r:System.Web.Services.dll /r:System.Xml.dll
/r:System.Design.dll /r:system.messaging.dll /out:d:\My.dll
d:\MyCode\*.vb

I'm not sure if it's a dll i'm missing????

The errors are BC 30451 - Name 'Instr' is not declared.

Any help much appreciated.

Dave.

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

Instr is probably part of the VB namespace, so I would guess that you may be
missing the Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll from your compile references

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
<shameless_author_plug>