    (g_render.o): wrong machine type
    ***Error code 1 (bu21)

    Thanks for any help.

    dpm, Sep 9, 2003

  2. "dpm" <> wrote in
    news:XYn7b.132343$:

    > I'm trying to create a simple X Windows/openGL executable on an SCO Unix
    > machine and get the following error when running make:

    Since C is a portable language the machine/OS should not matter. If it
    does you're probably off-topic.

    > /u/[path]/lib/libGL.a (g_render.o): fatal error: /u/[path]/lib/libGL.a
    > (g_render.o): wrong machine type
    > ***Error code 1 (bu21)

    Oh yeah, you're off-topic. This is a question about how a particular
    tool-chain finds libraries and is not at all specified by the C language
    which we discuss here.

    You might try a newsgroup that discusses your tool-chain/platform.

    --
    - Mark ->

    Mark A. Odell, Sep 9, 2003

  3. dpm wrote:

    > I'm trying to create a simple X Windows/openGL executable on an SCO Unix
    > machine and get the following error when running make:
    >
    > /u/[path]/lib/libGL.a (g_render.o): fatal error: /u/[path]/lib/libGL.a
    > (g_render.o): wrong machine type
    > ***Error code 1 (bu21)
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    By the way, libraries are not guaranteed to be portable across
    platforms. The same with graphics.

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message: