Compile in memory java source?

exits funnel

Hello,

Does anyone know of a java compiler which can be launched in process to
compile an in memory representation of a java source file? Essentially,
I generate some source on the fly and I'd like to avoid having to write
it to disk and all the messiness (permissions, cleanup, etc) that come
with that. I was surprised to find that javac didn't (as far as I could
tell) support this interaction. Can anyone point me towards a tool
which does what I need? Thanks in advance.

-exits

Robert Klemme

Hello,

Does anyone know of a java compiler which can be launched in process to
compile an in memory representation of a java source file? Essentially,
I generate some source on the fly and I'd like to avoid having to write
it to disk and all the messiness (permissions, cleanup, etc) that come
with that. I was surprised to find that javac didn't (as far as I could
tell) support this interaction. Can anyone point me towards a tool
which does what I need? Thanks in advance.

http://www.google.com/search?q=java+expression+compiler

FUP to c.l.j.s

robert

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

exits said:
Does anyone know of a java compiler which can be launched in process to
compile an in memory representation of a java source file? Essentially,
I generate some source on the fly and I'd like to avoid having to write
it to disk and all the messiness (permissions, cleanup, etc) that come
with that. I was surprised to find that javac didn't (as far as I could
tell) support this interaction. Can anyone point me towards a tool
which does what I need? Thanks in advance.

Part of Java 1.6 !

Arne