Compile of Read Only Java Elements

rm

We are software configuration management team preparing to participate
in a new project where we will be compiling Java source code. Will the
team need to have anything other than "read only rights" to compile
Java source code so that the output (i.e. an ear file) can be sent our
testing team?

Andreas Leitgeb

rm said:
We are software configuration management team preparing to participate
in a new project where we will be compiling Java source code. Will the
team need to have anything other than "read only rights" to compile
Java source code so that the output (i.e. an ear file) can be sent our
testing team?

No, you don't necessarily need write access anywhere in the
whole source tree, provided, that the compile-scripts (likely
an ant-script) passes options to the compiler to indicate an
alternative (writeable, file+subdir-creatable) target directory
and unless any of the java-sources are created dynamically in
the build-process.

Hth.