    does somebody know a tutorial or something like this which explains
    how i can compile perl code via STDIN?
    thx mseele
    mseele, Feb 1, 2005

  2. mseele

    Paul Lalli Guest

    "mseele" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi,
    > i want to open a perl process and enter the code/files to compile via
    > STDIN. i know it is possible. but how?
    > does somebody know a tutorial or something like this which explains
    > how i can compile perl code via STDIN?
    > thx mseele

    If I understand you correctly, you want to provide your code by typing
    directly from the command line, rather than executing a pre-existing
    file containing perl code. Is this correct? If so, at your shell,
    simply type
    perl
    and press enter. Perl will now patiently wait for you to enter the code
    you wish to execute. When you've entered all the code, send the
    end-of-file code (CTRL-D on most systems). Perl will execute what
    you've typed.

    If you want a more interactive environment, perhaps you want the perl
    debugger. The easiest way to launch the debugger is:

    perl -d -e1

    Read about the debugger in
    perldoc perldebug

    Hope that helps,