Compile proxy for 1.1

jlfraser

I have both 1.1 and 2.0 Frameworks installed and would like to compile
a web service proxy for use on a machine running 1.1 using a command
line interface, ie not Visual Studio. I can create the .cs file with no
problems, using the V1.1 wsdl.exe, but when I try to compile the .cs
file to a .dll, the V1.1 compiler seems to automatically reference the
mscorlib.dll file in the 2.0 Framework folder. Is there a way that I
can specify that I want it to reference the mscorlib.dll in the 1.1
Framework?

The command I'm trying to run to create the proxy is this:

csc.exe /out:ISBNProxy.dll /t:library
/r:system.web.dll,system.dll,system.xml.dll,system.web.services.dll,system.data.dll
ISBNProxy.cs

and I get errors along the lines of

v2.0.50727\mscorlib.dll: error CS0011:
Reference class 'string' has a base class or interface defined in an
assembly that is not reference. You must add a reference to assembly.

This works fine when I run it on a machine with only 1.1 installed, but
I'd like the flexibility to be able to compile for either version -
without using VS.

John Saunders

[...]

Does this happen with an arbitrary .cs file, or only with a proxy?

John