Compile time error BC2014: the value 'None' is invalid for option

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steve Mauldin, Jul 31, 2007.

  1. I am posting this again because I never got a solution to this problem.

    I have an asp.net 2.0 project that when I change the build configuration to
    release I get the following error:

    Command line error BC2014: the value 'None' is invalid for option
    'debug'.

    If I go into the projects Advanced Compile Options and change the Generate
    Debug Info dropdown from None to PDB-Only the error goes away. Can anyone
    explain why I have to do this and what can I do to get the one option to
    work on a asp.net project? It is causing problems because the common
    project is shared with a VB project that gets an error on release mode
    compile if it is set to pdb-only.

    Also I already have in my web config file <compilation defaultLanguage="vb"
    debug="true"/>
    and I am getting this message if the debug is set to true or false in the
    web.config file if I am trying to compile in release mode with the Generate
    Debug Info dropdown set to None. If I change the Generate Debug Info
    dropdown set to PDB-Only or Full then the project compiles fine reguardless
    of release or debug mode. I hope this clarifies the problem I am having.

    Thanks for your help.

    Steve Mauldin, Jul 31, 2007