Compile time error BC2014: the value 'None' is invalid for option

Steve Mauldin

I am posting this again because I never got a solution to this problem.

I have an asp.net 2.0 project that when I change the build configuration to
release I get the following error:

Command line error BC2014: the value 'None' is invalid for option
'debug'.

If I go into the projects Advanced Compile Options and change the Generate
Debug Info dropdown from None to PDB-Only the error goes away. Can anyone
explain why I have to do this and what can I do to get the one option to
work on a asp.net project? It is causing problems because the common
project is shared with a VB project that gets an error on release mode
compile if it is set to pdb-only.

Also I already have in my web config file <compilation defaultLanguage="vb"
debug="true"/>
and I am getting this message if the debug is set to true or false in the
web.config file if I am trying to compile in release mode with the Generate
Debug Info dropdown set to None. If I change the Generate Debug Info
dropdown set to PDB-Only or Full then the project compiles fine reguardless
of release or debug mode. I hope this clarifies the problem I am having.

Thanks for your help.