    couldn't find anything on it...

    Thanks, Chris

    , Apr 11, 2008

  2. The main difference between compiled and not is a short hit to turn the
    page(s) into IL when they are hit. It is a very small perf bump and only
    occurs once per deploy.

    The bigger issue is having to deploy all of your source to the server. While
    MS states it is safe, I would not personally risk it. Of course, the
    compiled bits are not much better if one can compromise the bin folder, so
    it is only marginally better. With publish (precompile) you can obfuscate
    the assemblies, however.

    I see absolutely no reason not to precompile, unless the developer is
    writing his code in the ASPX page insstead of in code behind.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:
    http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Apr 11, 2008