Compile WS in release mode in VS 2005

SP

So VS 2005 has changed the way they compile Web services (actually web
projects). Now they no longer have this option of release mode for Web
projects.

So what changes have you guys made to the build process to accomodate this.
No matter what I do I always seem to be getting the pdb files (I tried
publish option too) for all the references assemblies that this webservice
uses. Any ideas/suggestions will be hugely appreciated

Abel Eduardo Pereira

Hi,

Check the compilation element in the web.config file, i.e.:<compilation
debug="false">.

Because you no longer need to compile a web-project (which for VS2005, are
merely files in a directory), the way you tell the runtime how to compile
the files is through the Web.config file. (which is actually a very cool
feature :)