    1. in order to analyze the C# code, I must decompile the existing dll someho
    2. I have a source tree from the last developer but he wasn't a diligent user of VSS and it is incomplete. I've tried opening the .sln file associated with the project without luck. I get an error message "Unable to read the project file myProject.csproj. The system cannot find the path specified." Needless to say, i canot open the .csproj file. I think this is because I downloaded the entire app off a remote server and must now edit the .csproj file to reflect my environment

    Has anyone encountered these issues before and could they help me overcome them? thanks for all replies in advance. ttyl

    =?Utf-8?B?Ry5ILkxhd3JlbmNl?=, Apr 7, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Ry5ILkxhd3JlbmNl?=

    Marina Guest

    The .cs file is what gets compiled into the DLL. So don't bother with the
    DLL - look at the source.

    For the second issue, you should open the .csproj.webinfo file. This file
    contains the url path of the project. Try adjusting that to fit your
    environment.

    "G.H.Lawrence" <Luftmensche_nospam_remove_@yahoo_nospam_.ca> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Hello. I am relatively new to VS.NET and have ingerited a web application

    built by 2 previous developers. The most recent one compiled his C# source
    to a dll, the first one left her C# source as aspx.cs files. I have to debug
    and enhance the appliation but am running into a couple of issues:

    > 1. in order to analyze the C# code, I must decompile the existing dll

    somehow

    Marina, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Unless you can get your hands on the source code, decompiling isn't going to
    do you much good.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer