Compiled Help (CHM) and SVG

Discussion in 'XML' started by Tom, Jul 19, 2005.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    I convert DocBook into HTML, CHM and PDF. I use SVG images within my
    DocBook documents. In the resulting HTML pages I see those SVG with IE
    and Adobe Plugin however they do not appear in my CHM although it is
    compiled from the same HTML files. There are some XSLT parameters which
    I use:

    <xsl:param name="use.svg" select="1"></xsl:param>
    <xsl:param name="use.embed.for.svg" select="1"/>

    The resulting HTML code is:
    <object type="image/svg+xml" data="some.svg"
    width="720" height="415">
    <embed type="image/svg+xml" src="some.svg"
    width="720" height="415">
    </embed>
    </object>

    It does not work with or without <embed>. Even <embed> alone do not
    work. I was wondering because I thought that this was working a while
    ago but I am not sure.
    Anybody an idea ... ?

    __
    Tom

    Tom, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Tom

    Guest

    Tom,

    > I convert DocBook into HTML, CHM and PDF. I use SVG images within my
    > DocBook documents. In the resulting HTML pages I see those SVG with IE
    > and Adobe Plugin however they do not appear in my CHM although it is
    > compiled from the same HTML files...

    If you haven't already done so, you could try adding the names of the
    ..svg files to the [FILES] list in your project (.hhp) file. This will
    ensure that the .svg files are compiled into the help file, which may
    not be the case at present.

    If you're using HTML Help Workshop, the procedure for adding the file
    names to the [FILES] section is as follows:

    1) Open the .hhp file in HTML Help Workshop.

    2) Click the Add/Remove Topic Files button on the Project tab.

    3) Click Add.

    4) In the File Name field, type *.svg.

    5) Click Open, select the files to add to the list, and then click Open
    again.

    --
    Pete (Microsoft Help MVP)

    , Jul 19, 2005

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Well, this has some effect. But anyway the SVG is not shown. There is a
    light gray placeholder instead of the image. This was so even without
    the added SVG in the [FILES] section. The difference is that I get now
    the context menu of the Adobe plugin when right clicking with the mouse
    over the area.

    Tom, Jul 19, 2005
  4. Tom

    Tom Guest

    It works! After the partial success with the [FILES] section I played
    tags alone and all SVG's listed in .hhp file they will show in CHM.
    Thank you Pete for pointing in the right direction.
    Maybe this is a bug in DocBook XSLT?
    __
    Tom

    Tom, Jul 20, 2005