Compiler Comparison (Dev-C++ vs. Visual C++)

Geoff Hill

Which compiler does the majority of the C++ community use? I've always been
curious.

Me? Visual Studio.

Ian Collins

Geoff said:
Which compiler does the majority of the C++ community use? I've always been
curious.
Are you expecting the entire C++ community to respond?

Your question assumes everyone uses windows, many of us are spared from
that torment.

Victor Bazarov

Geoff said:
Which compiler does the majority of the C++ community use? I've
always been curious.

If you intended to find out what people who write for/under MS
Windows use, you ought to post to one of Windows programming
newsgroups. See the FAQ for the list of recommended newsgroups.

You may be surprised but there are many more other platforms on
which C++ is the language of choice for many (and on which VC++
doesn't even dream of working). Often a compiler comes along
with the system, and the vendor of the OS is also the vendor of
the compiler. BTW, 'Dev-C++' is not a compiler, it's an IDE.
AFAIK, it uses MinGW, which is a port of GNU C/C++ compiler.
Me? Visual Studio.

<shrug> BFD