compiler could not find include *.h file

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by zqiang320, Sep 27, 2008.

  1. zqiang320

    zqiang320 Guest

    Hello:
    when I execute
    $ make
    Making all in libsbml/src
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/internet/mydoc/test_pj/libsbml/src'
    -I. -Isundials/include -Ilibsbml/include -g -O2 -MT main.o -MD -MP -
    MF .deps/main.Tpo -c -o main.o main.c
    In file included from sundials/include/sundials/sundials_nvector.h:50,
    from sundials/include/cvodes/cvodes.h:41,
    from main.c:52:
    sundials/include/sundials/sundials_types.h:50:38: error: sundials/
    sundials_config.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from sundials/include/cvodes/cvodes.h:41,
    from main.c:52:

    sundials/sundials_config.h was in directory in sundials/include, why
    compiler could not find it by
    AM_CPPFLAGS = -Isundials/include

    what should I do?

    my configure.in :

    AC_INIT(main, 0.1, )
    AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(foreign)
    AC_PROG_CC
    AC_PROG_CXX
    AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
    AC_OUTPUT(Makefile libsbml/src/Makefile)

    Makefile.am :

    bin_PROGRAMS = main
    SUBDIRS = libsbml/src .
    main_SOURCES = main.c
    main_LDADD = sundials/src/cvodes/libsundials_cvodes.la sundials/src/
    nvec_ser/libsundials_nvecserial.la ./libsbml/src/libsbml.la -lm
    AM_CPPFLAGS = -Isundials/include -Ilibsbml/include
    zqiang320, Sep 27, 2008

  2. zqiang320

    Ian Collins Guest

    zqiang320 wrote:

    > what should I do?

    Again, this looks like a platform/tool problem, not a C language one.
    Try another group.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Sep 27, 2008

  3. zqiang320

    Bartc Guest

    "zqiang320" <> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    > when I execute
    > $ make
    > Making all in libsbml/src
    > make[1]: Entering directory `/home/internet/mydoc/test_pj/libsbml/src'
    > -I. -Isundials/include -Ilibsbml/include -g -O2 -MT main.o -MD -MP -
    > MF .deps/main.Tpo -c -o main.o main.c
    > In file included from sundials/include/sundials/sundials_nvector.h:50,
    > from sundials/include/cvodes/cvodes.h:41,
    > from main.c:52:
    > sundials/include/sundials/sundials_types.h:50:38: error: sundials/
    > sundials_config.h: No such file or directory
    > In file included from sundials/include/cvodes/cvodes.h:41,
    > from main.c:52:
    >

    > sundials/sundials_config.h was in directory in sundials/include, why
    > compiler could not find it by
    > AM_CPPFLAGS = -Isundials/include

    The luxury of having your compiler tell you the full path of whatever file
    it can't find...

    Ignoring the flag setting, it says it can't find sundials_config.h in
    'sundials', not in 'sundials/include' where you say it exists.

    Have you tryed temporarily copying to 'sundials' just to see if it will shut
    the compiler up?

    What does the include line look like in the source? Maybe there are
    different search rules for "..." and <...> files, or has a path hardcoded
    into it or something.

    --
    Bartc
    Bartc, Sep 27, 2008