Compiler Error Message: BC2017: could not find library

Henrik Stidsen

Compilation Error
required to service this request. Please review the following specific
error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC2017: could not find library
'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\root\0f509e6d\d726281b\App_Web_ucwtgyt9.dll'

Source Error:
[No relevant source lines]

Source File: vbc : Command line Line: 0

I get the error above after having made a change to the source of an
ASP.NET application. It seems that IIS "forgets" to make one or more
DLL´s when recompiling the site at first hit after the update.

The article in Microsoft Knowledgebase about this error suggest to
register the missing DLL in the GAC - I don´t think this will work
very well since it is a temporary file that is missing...

Does anybody know what the problem might be ?