Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'LdapAuthentication' is not defined

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Nuve, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. Nuve

    Nuve Guest

    I followed the instructions on the Microsoft article
    (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
    us;326340) on HOW TO: Authenticate against the Active
    Directory by Using Forms Authentication and Visual
    Basic .NET. After completing and running the page I get
    the following error message on the Logon.aspx file:

    Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'LdapAuthentication'
    is not defined.

    Source Error:

    Line 19: sub Login_Click(sender as object,e as EventArgs)
    Line 20: Dim adPath as String
    = "LDAP://DC=dec,DC=com" 'Path to your LDAP directory
    server
    Line 21: Dim adAuth as LdapAuthentication = new
    LdapAuthentication(adPath)
    Line 22: try
    Line 23: if(true = adAuth.IsAuthenticated
    (txtDomain.Text, txtUsername.Text, txtPassword.Text)) then

    Anyone have any idea of how to fix this?
    Thanks
    nuve
    Nuve, Oct 22, 2003