Compiler Error Message: BC30203: Identifier expected.

Tony Tone

I am having trouble resolving this issue:

Server Error in '/test' Application.

Compilation Error
required to service this request. Please review the following specific
error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC30203: Identifier expected.

Source Error:

Line 7: Imports ew
Line 8: Namespace test
Line 9: Public Class 1aDirProddata
Line 10:
Line 11: ' Master / Detail arguments

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test\App_Code\1aDirProddata.vb Line:
9

Can anyone tell me how i can correct this?

Thanks in advance

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

vb identifiers like a class name, must start with an alpha.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Swanand Mokashi

Marina Levit [MVP]

I would imagine not, though I don't recall exactly. I would be surprised if
it did.

Juan T. Llibre

I don't think so. Java and PHP don't allow them either.

Identifiers are used for class names, method names, and variable names.

An identifier may be any descriptive sequence of uppercase and lowercase letters,
numbers, or the underscore and dollar-sign characters.

They must not begin with a number, because they could be confused with a numeric literal.

IIRC, this limitation comes from the Unicode Standard Annex 15.

I could be wrong, though, so I'll welcome further illumination.