Compiler Error Message: BC30807: 'Let' and 'Set' assignment statem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?YzY3NjIyOA==?=, Sep 1, 2006.

  1. Hi everyone,
    Our company has several different servers which were hosted in different
    places.
    One of the servers I administer is using windows 2000 server which can run
    both
    asp and asp.net. I didn't do any specific IIS configuration.
    One of my team member asked me a question about the error message as follow:

    Compilation Error
    to service this request. Please review the following specific error details
    and modify your source code appropriately.

    Compiler Error Message: BC30807: 'Let' and 'Set' assignment statements are
    no longer supported.

    Source Error:

    from the following asp code:
    Line 18:
    Line 19: Dim Sendmail
    Line 20: Set Sendmail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
    Line 21:
    Line 22: Sendmail.From = "www.services.com"

    Source File: D:\XXXXXXX\index.aspx Line: 20

    apparently, the .net compiler trying to compile the asp code. I didn't ask
    what operating system is the server yet. in IIS, what I can change the set up
    in order for the server being able to run both asp and asp.net. I just guess
    windows 2003 server set up by default is "NO" for asp
    --
    Betty
    =?Utf-8?B?YzY3NjIyOA==?=, Sep 1, 2006

  2. RE: Compiler Error Message: BC30807: 'Let' and 'Set' assignment st

    Steven,
    Thank you so much to provide me so much information. It's really helpful.
    Actually the code is from another person, I just cut and pasted into the
    question and didn't even noticed she used .aspx extension.
    Also I did see the screenshot you provided in outlook.(in my visual studio
    ..net software) my company use lotus notes.
    I just cannot imagine that you are so detailed which I really need it and
    always provide different solutions.
    cheers
    --
    Betty