compiler failed with error code 2000

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rich, May 12, 2004.

  1. Rich

    Rich Guest

    I get this message when running almost every time I do an incremental
    compile.

    A full rebuild makes it go away. A subsequent incremental compile causes the
    problem again.

    I've read posts about clearing aspnet temp files and tried that, it doesn't
    work. Any help would be appreciated.

    Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 2000.

    The output indicates...

    vbc : Command line error BC2017 : could not find library
    'c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\temporary asp.net
    files\mywebproject\58b24dc9\fbd54b87\assembly\dl2\3ab4f481\c1ae28e7_6138c401
    \anAssembly.dll'
    vbc : Fatal error BC2000 : compiler initialization failed unexpectedly: The
    filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

    Rich, May 12, 2004