Compiler for Linux

Discussion in 'C++' started by Paul ( The Troll ), Oct 29, 2013.

  1. Hi, What is the best compile for Ubuntu? I am downloading the QT Creator IDE, is it any good?
    Paul ( The Troll ), Oct 29, 2013

  2. On 29.10.13 20.05, Paul ( The Troll ) wrote:
    > Hi, What is the best compile for Ubuntu?

    gcc should be fine.
    llvm maybe too.

    > I am downloading the QT Creator IDE, is it any good?

    This is not a compiler.

    Personally I prefer Eclipse CDT.

    Marcel
    Marcel Müller, Oct 29, 2013

  3. On Tuesday, 29 October 2013 19:23:29 UTC, Marcel Müller wrote:
    > On 29.10.13 20.05, Paul ( The Troll ) wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, What is the best compile for Ubuntu?

    > gcc should be fine.
    >
    > llvm maybe too.
    >

    > > I am downloading the QT Creator IDE, is it any good?

    > This is not a compiler.
    >

    > Personally I prefer Eclipse CDT.

    Oh right I see that QT Creator uses gcc. I may give Eclipse a try too. TY
    Paul ( The Troll ), Oct 29, 2013
  4. On Tuesday, 29 October 2013 20:24:00 UTC, Paul ( The Troll ) wrote:
    > On Tuesday, 29 October 2013 19:23:29 UTC, Marcel Müller wrote:
    >
    > > On 29.10.13 20.05, Paul ( The Troll ) wrote:

    > > > Hi, What is the best compile for Ubuntu?

    > > gcc should be fine.

    > > llvm maybe too.

    > > > I am downloading the QT Creator IDE, is it any good?

    > > This is not a compiler.

    > > Personally I prefer Eclipse CDT.

    > Oh right I see that QT Creator uses gcc. I may give Eclipse a try too. TY

    Had to play around a bit to get Eclipse setup but it's ok now.
    Paul ( The Troll ), Oct 30, 2013
  5. On 10/29/2013 8:17 PM, Paul ( The Troll ) wrote:
    > On Tuesday, 29 October 2013 20:24:00 UTC, Paul ( The Troll ) wrote:
    >> [...]
    >> Oh right I see that QT Creator uses gcc. I may give Eclipse a try too. TY

    > Had to play around a bit to get Eclipse setup but it's ok now.

    And I uninstalled Firefox that our IT pushes on us every Wednesday. As
    usual, it's OK again. SX
    Victor Bazarov, Oct 30, 2013
  6. On Wednesday, 30 October 2013 11:41:01 UTC, Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > On 10/29/2013 8:17 PM, Paul ( The Troll ) wrote:
    >
    > > On Tuesday, 29 October 2013 20:24:00 UTC, Paul ( The Troll ) wrote:

    > >> [...]

    > >> Oh right I see that QT Creator uses gcc. I may give Eclipse a try too. TY

    > > Had to play around a bit to get Eclipse setup but it's ok now.

    > And I uninstalled Firefox that our IT pushes on us every Wednesday. As
    >
    > usual, it's OK again. SX

    FF is the only browser I have on Linux so far, I am downloading Chrome now too.
    Paul ( The Troll ), Oct 30, 2013