    dev c++ at school)

    regards
    kevo

    KEVO, Aug 31, 2008

  2. KEVO

    Daniel Kraft Guest

    KEVO wrote:
    > hi im new to C++ and im using a mac os x 10.3.9. can anyone suggest a
    > compiler so that i can learn c++ and successfully run a program. i
    > tried using xcode but it does not compile my programs(created using
    > dev c++ at school).

    Hi,

    I'd suggest gcc (http://gcc.gnu.org/), that's what Dev-Cpp uses
    internally as compiler and it is, according to my experience, a pretty
    good free compiler.

    But note that failure to compile your Dev-Cpp programs might also stem
    from using Microsoft Windows specific code there and then you'll have to
    change them even whhen using gcc as compiler.

    Cheers,
    Daniel

    --
    Done: Arc-Bar-Cav-Sam-Val-Wiz, Dwa-Elf-Gno-Hum-Orc, Law-Neu-Cha, Fem-Mal
    To go: Hea-Kni-Mon-Pri-Ran-Rog-Tou

    Daniel Kraft, Aug 31, 2008

  3. Daniel Kraft <> writes:

    > KEVO wrote:
    >> hi im new to C++ and im using a mac os x 10.3.9. can anyone suggest a
    >> compiler so that i can learn c++ and successfully run a program. i
    >> tried using xcode but it does not compile my programs(created using
    >> dev c++ at school).

    > I'd suggest gcc (http://gcc.gnu.org/), that's what Dev-Cpp uses
    > internally as compiler and it is, according to my experience, a pretty
    > good free compiler.

    That's also what Apple's Xcode uses internally.

    sherm--

    --
    My blog: http://shermspace.blogspot.com

    Sherm Pendley, Aug 31, 2008