compiler on mac

KEVO

hi im new to C++ and im using a mac os x 10.3.9. can anyone suggest a
compiler so that i can learn c++ and successfully run a program. i
tried using xcode but it does not compile my programs(created using
dev c++ at school)

regards
kevo

Daniel Kraft

KEVO said:
hi im new to C++ and im using a mac os x 10.3.9. can anyone suggest a
compiler so that i can learn c++ and successfully run a program. i
tried using xcode but it does not compile my programs(created using
dev c++ at school).

Hi,

I'd suggest gcc (http://gcc.gnu.org/), that's what Dev-Cpp uses
internally as compiler and it is, according to my experience, a pretty
good free compiler.

But note that failure to compile your Dev-Cpp programs might also stem
from using Microsoft Windows specific code there and then you'll have to
change them even whhen using gcc as compiler.

Cheers,
Daniel