    Like this, is there any option available for listing the variables?

    Thanks in advance,
    Karthik

    Vallarasu, Dec 7, 2004

  2. Vallarasu wrote:
    > Given a C file along with the dependent .h files, I need to get a list
    > of global, static and extern variables along with their datatypes.
    >
    > Help me by informing if any such utility or command is available.

    Yes there is such a tool, you might want to take a look around in the net
    for a tool called 'ctags' or 'etags'.

    > I was exploring cl command and came across an option which lists all
    > the functions in the .c file along with their signatures.
    > Like this, is there any option available for listing the variables?

    cl.exe? Sounds like the C/C++ compilers Microsoft makes. In that case, try
    'cl /?' to get a list of supported options.

    Uli

    Ulrich Eckhardt, Dec 7, 2004

  3. Vallarasu

    CBFalconer Guest

    Vallarasu wrote:

    > Given a C file along with the dependent .h files, I need to get a list
    > of global, static and extern variables along with their datatypes.
    >
    > Help me by informing if any such utility or command is available.
    >
    > I was exploring cl command and came across an option which lists all
    > the functions in the .c file along with their signatures.
    > Like this, is there any option available for listing the variables?

    Look up a program/system called CSCOPE. It probably exists for
    your system, whatever that may be. Strictly speaking, this is
    off=topic in c.l.c.

    --
    Chuck F () ()

    CBFalconer, Dec 7, 2004
  4. Vallarasu

    Ravi Uday Guest

    Vallarasu wrote:
    > Given a C file along with the dependent .h files, I need to get a list
    > of global, static and extern variables along with their datatypes.
    >
    > Help me by informing if any such utility or command is available.
    >
    > I was exploring cl command and came across an option which lists all
    > the functions in the .c file along with their signatures.
    > Like this, is there any option available for listing the variables?
    >

    > Thanks in advance,
    > Karthik

    You could probably use 'gid' as one of the codebase searching tool.
    Other tools as other mentioned which helps are: CSCOPE, ctags, etags
    which demands you build their corresponding dependancies files apriorly.

    Ravi Uday, Dec 8, 2004
  5. Vallarasu

    Guest

    Hai Uli,

    cl.exe is exactly a C/C++ compiler made by MicroSoft.

    I am unable to make out which option(s) in cl command
    will provide solution to my problem.
    Please help.

    Thanks in advance,
    Karthik

    , Dec 8, 2004
  6. Vallarasu

    Guest

    cl.exe is MicroSoft's C/C++ compiler.

    Is there any option(s) available in cl.exe which would provide solution
    to my problem?

    I am unable to find using cl /?

    Please help me in this regard,
    Karthik

    , Dec 8, 2004
  7. On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 20:18:03 -0800, karthikeyarajan wrote:

    > Hai Uli,
    >
    > cl.exe is exactly a C/C++ compiler made by MicroSoft.

    Your best bet would be to ask in a newsgroup where discussion of that
    specific compiler is topical. comp.lang.c is for discussing the standard C
    language as it applies to all platforms, not tools for specific platforms.
    Maybe a newsgroup such as comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 or one of
    the microsoft.public.win32.programmer.* newsgroups (maybe .tools?)

    Lawrence

    Lawrence Kirby, Dec 8, 2004
  8. On 7 Dec 2004 22:02:09 -0800,
    <> wrote:

    > cl.exe is MicroSoft's C/C++ compiler.

    So ask in a Microsoft group.

    > Is there any option(s) available in cl.exe which would provide solution
    > to my problem?

    No idea, ask in a Microsoft group.

    > I am unable to find using cl /?

    Have you tried reading the manual? Or googling for it?

    > Please help me in this regard,

    Ask in a Microsoft group, where someone might know the answer. I don't
    run Microsoft compilers, nor I suspect do most of the posters here.

    Chris C

    Chris Croughton, Dec 8, 2004