Compiler options for 16-bit DOS applications?

Dirk Lehmann

Hello,

I like to compile an application with the dmc-compiler as !!!16-bit!!!
MS-DOS application. But I don't know which compiler options I must set. Know
it anyone? Helpfully are also options for the Visual C compiler (cl.exe)

Thank you and sorry for my bad english
Dirk.

Ioannis Vranos

Dirk said:
Hello,

I like to compile an application with the dmc-compiler as !!!16-bit!!!
MS-DOS application. But I don't know which compiler options I must set. Know
it anyone? Helpfully are also options for the Visual C compiler (cl.exe)

Thank you and sorry for my bad english
Dirk.

With DJGPP you can compile 32-bit *DOS* applications. Unless you want to run them on a
16-bit machine (8086, 8088, 80286).

Rolf Magnus

Ioannis said:
With DJGPP you can compile 32-bit *DOS* applications.

Alternatively there is OpenWatcom. Watcom was a popular compiler among game
programmers in the time of 386/486 systems - mostly for its 32bit DOS
target. But it can also produce 16bit DOS code.

Walter

Dirk Lehmann said:
I like to compile an application with the dmc-compiler as !!!16-bit!!!
MS-DOS application. But I don't know which compiler options I must set. Know
it anyone? Helpfully are also options for the Visual C compiler (cl.exe)

The -ms option (near code, near data) should get you started. For a complete
list of options:

www.digitalmars.com/ctg/sc.html

You can also build 32 bit extended DOS apps with -mx.