Compiler question...

Sascha Tayefeh

I, too, would prefer to answer your question *after* you have defined
the term 'best', however, I use Intel's compiler suite with Linux and
Intel CPUs, since they create very fast performing executables. On the
other hand, I prefer the XLC compiler with PowerPC and Visual-C++ with
Windows for the same same reason. Finally, if I had to create a code
with maximum portability, I'd prefer the GNU compilers.

Sincerly
Sascha Tayefeh

Marjancek

What is the best cereal for breakfast?
The answer is about the same.

Haven't tryed Kellogg's compiler...

On the other hand, a good question would be "What's the compiler that
better follows the (put your version here) C++ Standard".

Mariano.