  1. Nathan

    Nathan Guest

    What is the best compiler to use regarding C++??

    Nathan, Oct 15, 2007

  2. Nathan

    red floyd Guest

    Nathan wrote:
    > What is the best compiler to use regarding C++??

    Depends on your host platform, your target platform, and your wallet.
    red floyd, Oct 15, 2007

  3. On 2007-10-15 21:19, Nathan wrote:
    > What is the best compiler to use regarding C++??

    Probably Comeau's compiler, but that depends on how you define "best".

    --
    Erik Wikström
    =?UTF-8?B?RXJpayBXaWtzdHLDtm0=?=, Oct 15, 2007
  4. Nathan

    brekehan Guest

    On Oct 15, 2:19 pm, Nathan <> wrote:
    > What is the best compiler to use regarding C++??

    > Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access

    What is the best cereal for breakfast?
    The answer is about the same.
    brekehan, Oct 16, 2007
  5. I, too, would prefer to answer your question *after* you have defined
    the term 'best', however, I use Intel's compiler suite with Linux and
    Intel CPUs, since they create very fast performing executables. On the
    other hand, I prefer the XLC compiler with PowerPC and Visual-C++ with
    Windows for the same same reason. Finally, if I had to create a code
    with maximum portability, I'd prefer the GNU compilers.

    Sincerly
    Sascha Tayefeh
    Sascha Tayefeh, Oct 16, 2007
  6. Nathan

    Marjancek Guest

    On Oct 16, 1:17 am, brekehan <> wrote:
    > On Oct 15, 2:19 pm, Nathan <> wrote:
    >
    > > What is the best compiler to use regarding C++??

    > What is the best cereal for breakfast?
    > The answer is about the same.

    Haven't tryed Kellogg's compiler...

    On the other hand, a good question would be "What's the compiler that
    better follows the (put your version here) C++ Standard".

    Mariano.
    Marjancek, Oct 17, 2007