Compiler standard compliance comparison

Michael Andersson

Hi!
Anyone know of a new and well conducted comparison between different C++
compilers based on standard compliance?

Best regards,
/Michael

Greg P.

Michael Andersson said:
Hi!
Anyone know of a new and well conducted comparison between different C++
compilers based on standard compliance?
Trial and Error? :p

tom_usenet

Hi!
Anyone know of a new and well conducted comparison between different C++
compilers based on standard compliance?

How new is new?

http://www.cuj.com/roundup/

Such a thing takes a lot of work, ownership of a C++ proofer, and time
to tweak it (which may involve being the author of the tool), so there
aren't many around.

See also:
http://www.dinkumware.com/conform_cpp.html
but note that the article is written by a C++ library author and only
tests library conformance.

Tom

Greg P.

| Such a thing takes a lot of work, ownership of a C++ proofer, and time
| to tweak it (which may involve being the author of the tool), so there
| aren't many around.
I totally agree. I keep coming up with
http://archive.devx.com/free/links/siteview.asp?content_id=1218 on google,
but the link provided on there is dead (for now?). Plus I'm not too sure on
the professionalism (or verbosity) that it would provide.

This is something you should do on your own, and I'm sure if you put it up
somewhere (some webhosting site) that you should expect alot of traffic.