    compilers based on standard compliance?

    Best regards,
    /Michael

    Michael Andersson, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Michael Andersson

    Greg P. Guest

    "Michael Andersson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi!
    > Anyone know of a new and well conducted comparison between different C++
    > compilers based on standard compliance?

    Trial and Error? :p

    Greg P., Jul 31, 2003

  3. Michael Andersson

    tom_usenet Guest

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:58:55 +0200, Michael Andersson
    <> wrote:

    >Hi!
    >Anyone know of a new and well conducted comparison between different C++
    >compilers based on standard compliance?

    How new is new?

    http://www.cuj.com/roundup/

    Such a thing takes a lot of work, ownership of a C++ proofer, and time
    to tweak it (which may involve being the author of the tool), so there
    aren't many around.

    See also:
    http://www.dinkumware.com/conform_cpp.html
    but note that the article is written by a C++ library author and only
    tests library conformance.

    Tom

    tom_usenet, Jul 31, 2003
  4. Michael Andersson

    Greg P. Guest

    "tom_usenet" <> wrote in message
    | Such a thing takes a lot of work, ownership of a C++ proofer, and time
    | to tweak it (which may involve being the author of the tool), so there
    | aren't many around.
    I totally agree. I keep coming up with
    http://archive.devx.com/free/links/siteview.asp?content_id=1218 on google,
    but the link provided on there is dead (for now?). Plus I'm not too sure on
    the professionalism (or verbosity) that it would provide.

    This is something you should do on your own, and I'm sure if you put it up
    somewhere (some webhosting site) that you should expect alot of traffic.

    Greg P., Jul 31, 2003