Compiler Switch From GUI

Discussion in 'C++' started by Stephen, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    Hello,
    I am using the current GUI version of the Digital Mars C++ Compiler 7.51.

    I am attempting to compile a piece of code that requires the

    -Ae option which I,m assuming is controlled from the GUI compiler options by
    selecting

    Enable, new[], delete overloading. ?

    For some reason this option refuses to 'stick' and seems to revert to the
    unchecked option? Even saving the project options after selecting this
    option cannot prevent it from being switched off.

    I,m actually attempting to compile with these flags copied from
    a batch file.

    -Aa -Ab -Ae -Ar -XD -w3 -w18 -WD

    How can I emulate the -A options from the GUI?

    Thanks Stephen
    Stephen, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Stephen wrote:
    > I am using the current GUI version of the Digital Mars C++ Compiler 7.51.
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > How can I emulate the -A options from the GUI?

    You're in a wrong newsgroup. This NG is about C++ _language_, you need
    one that is about your compiler or your OS. Command-line switches and
    compiler options are off-topic here, sorry.
    Victor Bazarov, Aug 27, 2004