Compiler thats works in Windows 7

jacob navia

Le 03/10/11 09:23, Nick Keighley a écrit :
no it's the same. Its just Microsoft don't advertise their product on
clc.

But you did NOT complain to the anonymous "NOOB" that proposed the
Microsoft compiler.

Nothing, nada.

It is only when I propose my software that that you
(and kiki) will try to get rid of this "vendor", as you treat me.

You aren't an insult worth Mr keighley

AK

Le 03/10/11 09:23, Nick Keighley a crit :

But you did NOT complain to the anonymous "NOOB" that proposed the
Microsoft compiler.

Nothing, nada.

It is only when I propose my software that that you
(and kiki) will try to get rid of this "vendor", as you treat me.

You aren't an insult worth Mr keighley

I just tried installing lcc-win64 in my Windows & x64. However, when I
tried opening it, it showed me an error that it can't find a
compiler.

Anoop

jacob navia

Le 03/10/11 18:29, AK a écrit :
I just tried installing lcc-win64 in my Windows& x64. However, when I
tried opening it, it showed me an error that it can't find a
compiler.

Anoop

You have to install the 32 bit version first.

I have to fix that, but I do not have a lot of time right now.

Geoff

Le 03/10/11 07:42, Robert Wessel a écrit :

The problem is that you suppose a different license for express products
than for MSDN products. I searhed that site and could NOT find any
OTHER license as the MSDN license. Could you please send me a pointer
to that famous "express" license? Where is it?

The Express licence is contained in the express archive as delivered
and is called "license.txt" in that package under each of the
languages included in VS2010 Express.

Quoted verbatim:

MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ 2010 EXPRESS

These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or
based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read
them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media
on which you received it, if any.

The terms also apply to any Microsoft
· updates,
· supplements,
· Internet-based services, and
· support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so,
those terms apply.

BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT
THEM, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE.

AS DESCRIBED BELOW, USING SOME FEATURES ALSO OPERATES AS YOUR CONSENT
TO THE TRANSMISSION OF CERTAIN STANDARD COMPUTER INFORMATION FOR
INTERNET-BASED SERVICES.

If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below.
1. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
a. Installation and Use. One user may install and use any number of
copies of the software on your devices to design, develop and test
your programs.
b. Trial Edition. The initial installation of the software is a
trial edition. You may convert your trial rights at any time by
obtaining a product key from Microsoft.  The trial software will
present conversion options to you thirty (30) days after you install
the trial software. After the expiration of the 30-day trial period,
without conversion, the trial software will stop running.
c. Included Microsoft Programs. The software contains other Microsoft
programs. The license terms with those programs apply to your use of
them.
2. ADDITIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS AND/OR USE RIGHTS.
Distributable Code. The software contains code that you are permitted
to distribute in programs you develop if you comply with the terms
below.
a. Right to Use and Distribute. The code and text files listed below
are “Distributable Code.”
· REDIST.TXT Files. You may copy and distribute the object code form
of code listed in REDIST.TXT files.
· Sample Code. You may modify, copy, and distribute the source and
object code form of code marked as “sample.”
· Microsoft Merge Modules. You may copy and distribute the
unmodified output of Microsoft Merge Modules.
· Third Party Distribution. You may permit distributors of your
programs to copy and distribute the Distributable Code as part of
those programs.
b. Distribution Requirements. For any Distributable Code you
distribute, you must
· add significant primary functionality to it in your programs;
· for any Distributable Code having a filename extension of .lib,
distribute only the results of running such Distributable Code through
a linker with your program;
· distribute Distributable Code included in a setup program only as
part of that setup program without modification;
· require distributors and external end users to agree to terms that
protect it at least as much as this agreement;
· display your valid copyright notice on your programs; and
· indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Microsoft from any claims,
including attorneys’ fees, related to the distribution or use of your
programs.
c. Distribution Restrictions. You may not
· alter any copyright, trademark or patent notice in the
Distributable Code;
· use Microsoft’s trademarks in your programs’ names or in a way
that suggests your programs come from or are endorsed by Microsoft;
· distribute Distributable Code to run on a platform other than
Microsoft operating systems, run-time technologies, or application
platforms;
· include Distributable Code in malicious, deceptive or unlawful
programs; or
· modify or distribute the source code of any Distributable Code so
that any part of it becomes subject to an Excluded License. An
Excluded License is one that requires, as a condition of use,
modification or distribution, that
· the code be disclosed or distributed in source code form; or
· others have the right to modify it.
3. INTERNET-BASED SERVICES. Microsoft provides Internet-based
services with the software. It may change or cancel them at any time.
a. Consent for Internet-Based Services. The software feature
described below connects to Microsoft or service provider computer
systems over the Internet. In some cases, you will not receive a
separate notice when they connect. You may switch off this feature or
not use it. For more information about this feature, see the software
documentation. BY USING THIS FEATURE, YOU CONSENT TO THE TRANSMISSION
OF THIS INFORMATION. Microsoft does not use the information to
identify or contact you.
i. Computer Information. The following feature uses Internet
protocols, which send to the appropriate systems computer information,
such as your Internet protocol address, the type of operating system,
browser and name and version of the software you are using, and the
language code of the device where you installed the software.
Microsoft uses this information to make the Internet-based service
available to you.
· Real Simple Syndication (“RSS”) Feed. This software start page
contains updated content that is supplied by means of an RSS feed
online from Microsoft.
b. INTERNET-BASED SERVICES FOR SILVERLIGHT 3.  The software includes
Silverlight technology. Microsoft provides Internet-based services
with Silverlight.  It may change or cancel them at any time.
i. Automatic Updates.  Silverlight contains an Automatic Update
feature that is on by default. For more information about this
feature, including instructions for to turning it off,
see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=147032.  You may turn off
this feature while Silverlight 3 is running (“opt out”).  Unless you
expressly opt out of this feature, this feature will (a) connect to
Microsoft or service provider computer systems over the Internet, (b)
use Internet protocols to send to the appropriate systems standard
computer information, such as your computer’s Internet protocol
address, the type of operating system, browser and name and version of
Silverlight you are using, and the language code of the device where
you installed Silverlight, and (c) automatically download and install,
or prompt you to download and/or install, current Updates to
Silverlight.  In some cases, you will not receive a separate notice
before this feature takes effect.  By installing the software, you
consent to the transmission of standard computer information and the
automatic downloading and installation of Updates.

ii. Microsoft Digital Rights Management.  If you use Silverlight to
access content that has been protected with Microsoft Digital Rights
Management (DRM), in order to let you play the content, the software
may automatically request media usage rights from a rights server on
the Internet and download and install available DRM Updates.  For more
information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=147032.
iii. NOTICE ABOUT THE H.264/AVC VISUAL STANDARD, AND THE VC-1 VIDEO
STANDARD. Silverlight may include H.264/MPEG-4 AVC and/or
VC-1decoding technology. MPEG LA, L.L.C. requires this notice:
THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED UNDER THE AVC AND THE VC-1 PATENT PORTFOLIO
LICENSES FOR THE PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF A CONSUMER TO (A)
ENCODE VIDEO IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE ABOVE STANDARDS (“VIDEO
STANDARDS”) AND/OR (B) DECODE AVC AND VC-1 VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY A
CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY AND/OR WAS
OBTAINED FROM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED TO PROVIDE SUCH VIDEO. NONE
OF THE LICENSES EXTEND TO ANY OTHER PRODUCT REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH
PRODUCT IS INCLUDED WITH THIS SOFTWARE IN A SINGLE ARTICLE. NO LICENSE
IS GRANTED OR SHALL BE IMPLIED FOR ANY OTHER USE. ADDITIONAL
INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG LA, L.L.C. SEE
HTTP://WWW.MPEGLA.COM.

For clarification purposes only, the Notice in this Section
does not limit or inhibit the use of the software provided under this
agreement for normal business uses that are personal to that business
which do not include (i) redistribution of the software to third
parties, or (ii) creation of content with the VIDEO STANDARDS
compliant technologies for distribution to third parties.
4. .NET FRAMEWORK SOFTWARE. The software contains Microsoft .NET
Framework software. This software is part of Windows. The license
terms for Windows apply to your use of the .NET Framework software.
MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK BENCHMARK TESTING. The software includes one
or more components of the .NET Framework (“.NET Components”). You may
conduct internal benchmark testing of those components. You may
disclose the results of any benchmark test of those components,
provided that you comply with the conditions set forth at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=66406. Notwithstanding any
other agreement you may have with Microsoft, if you disclose such
benchmark test results, Microsoft shall have the right to disclose the
results of benchmark tests it conducts of your products that compete
with the applicable .NET Component, provided it complies with the same
conditions set forth at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=66406.
5. LICENSE TERMS FOR MICROSOFT SQL SERVER SOFTWARE COMPONENTS. The
software is accompanied by Microsoft SQL Server software components
which are licensed to you under the terms of the respective SQL Server
licenses located in the “Licenses” folder in the following
installation directory: ..\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
2010\Licenses.
6. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This
agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft
reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights
despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly
permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any
technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in
certain ways. You may not work around any technical limitations in the
software. For example, Microsoft has technically limited or disabled
extensibility for the software, and so you may not extend the software
by, among other things, loading or injecting into the software any
non-Microsoft add-ins, macros, or packages; modifying the software
registry settings; or adding features or functionality equivalent to
that found in other Visual Studio products.
You also many not
· disclose the results of any benchmark tests of the software to any
third party without Microsoft’s prior written approval;
· reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except
and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite
this limitation;
· make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement
or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
· publish the software for others to copy;
· rent, lease or lend the software;
· transfer the software or this agreement to any third party; or
· use the software for commercial software hosting services.
7. BACKUP COPY. You may make one backup copy of the software. You may
use it only to reinstall the software.
8. DOCUMENTATION. Any person that has valid access to your computer
or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your
internal, reference purposes.
9. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The software is subject to United States
export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and
international export laws and regulations that apply to the software.
These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end
use. For additional information, see www.microsoft.com/exporting.
10. SUPPORT SERVICES. Because this software is “as is,” we may not
provide support services for it.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement, and the terms for supplements,
updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use,
are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
12. APPLICABLE LAW.
a. United States. If you acquired the software in the United States,
Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and
applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws
principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other
claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair
competition laws, and in tort.
b. Outside the United States. If you acquired the software in any
other country, the laws of that country apply.
13. LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You
may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also
have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the
software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of
your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
14. Disclaimer of Warranty. The software is licensed “as-is.” You bear
the risk of using it. Microsoft gives no express warranties,
guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights
under your local laws which this agreement cannot change. To the
extent permitted under your local laws, Microsoft excludes the implied
warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and
non-infringement.
15. Limitation on and Exclusion of Remedies and Damages. You can
recover from Microsoft and its suppliers only direct damages up to
U.S. $5.00. You cannot recover any other damages, including
consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages.
This limitation applies to
· anything related to the software, services, content (including
code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
· claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or
condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the
possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not
apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or
limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.

tea strainer

jacob said:
Le 03/10/11 18:29, AK a écrit :

You have to install the 32 bit version first.

I have to fix that, but I do not have a lot of time right now.

Great. And for this "high quality" software, we find :
Schools and Universities pay a license fee when they use my
compiler for a class. Companies pay a license when they use
my compiler for business.

Great.

Microsoft make a free compiler, it will be guaranteed to work well on
Windows because Microsoft also make Windows. You want people to pay money
for an inferior product? This is outrageous!

Other people recommend Microsoft's product because of its excellence.

You recommend your own product as a shrewd vendor that uses this
newsgroup as a free advertising.

jacob navia

Le 05/10/11 21:22, tea strainer a écrit :
Great. And for this "high quality" software, we find :
Schools and Universities pay a license fee when they use my
compiler for a class. Companies pay a license when they use
my compiler for business.

Great.

Yes, my compiler is great! Thank you

Microsoft make a free compiler,

From the "free" compiler license we can read:

b. Trial Edition. The initial installation of the software is a
trial edition. You may convert your trial rights at any time by
obtaining a product key from Microsoft. The trial software will
present conversion options to you thirty (30) days after you install
the trial software. After the expiration of the 30-day trial period,
without conversion, the trial software will stop running.
it will be guaranteed to work well on
Windows because Microsoft also make Windows. You want people to pay money
for an inferior product? This is outrageous!

I do not "want" anything. People buy my products because theu fit their
needs. For all customers I propose a maintenance contract. I have no
obligations to people that did NOT buy a maintenance contract but in
most cases I do fix the problems. I have at the moment no time to fix
the problem of the 64 bit edition. I will fix it as soon as I have some
time.
Other people recommend Microsoft's product because of its excellence.

Sure. If they buy Microsoft it is because they like Microsoft. If they
buy lcc-win it is because theylike lcc-win. It is a free market. If you
do not like my product, anonymous coward, just do not buy it.
You recommend your own product as a shrewd vendor that uses this
newsgroup as a free advertising.

Sure. Put me in your killfile and be done with it kiki...

:)

James

jacob navia said:
Le 05/10/11 21:22, tea strainer a écrit : [...]
Microsoft make a free compiler,

From the "free" compiler license we can read:

b. Trial Edition. The initial installation of the software is a
trial edition. You may convert your trial rights at any time by
obtaining a product key from Microsoft. The trial software will
present conversion options to you thirty (30) days after you install
the trial software. After the expiration of the 30-day trial period,
without conversion, the trial software will stop running.

They don't charge you for a product key.

[...]

jacob navia

Le 05/10/11 22:17, James a écrit :
jacob navia said:
Le 05/10/11 21:22, tea strainer a écrit : [...]
Microsoft make a free compiler,

From the "free" compiler license we can read:

b. Trial Edition. The initial installation of the software is a
trial edition. You may convert your trial rights at any time by
obtaining a product key from Microsoft. The trial software will
present conversion options to you thirty (30) days after you install
the trial software. After the expiration of the 30-day trial period,
without conversion, the trial software will stop running.

They don't charge you for a product key.

[...]

Didn't know. Never bought that. In any case, if you think
that that compiler is better go ahead. My compiler provides C99
what is the reason many people buy it.

Geoff

From the "free" compiler license we can read:

b. Trial Edition. The initial installation of the software is a
trial edition. You may convert your trial rights at any time by
obtaining a product key from Microsoft. The trial software will
present conversion options to you thirty (30) days after you install
the trial software. After the expiration of the 30-day trial period,
without conversion, the trial software will stop running.

The registration of the product key is also free.

AK

Le 05/10/11 21:22, tea strainer a écrit : [...]
Microsoft make a free compiler,
From the "free" compiler license we can read:
b. Trial Edition.  The initial installation of the software is a
trial edition. You may convert your trial rights at any time by
obtaining a product key from Microsoft.  The trial software will
present conversion options to you thirty (30) days after you install
the trial software.  After the expiration of the 30-day trial period,
without conversion, the trial software will stop running.

They don't charge you for a product key.

[...]

Thats right. They just want a valid email address and the windows
genuine advantage check. The fact that they are giving away free
software, even if its limited version is a great improvement over how
things used to be about 5 years ago. Ofcourse to get all the free
stuff, they expect you to buy a genuine windows license, which is not
difficult considering the fact that it comes pre-installed in most PCs
that you buy. It is very difficult these days to find a PC to buy
which does not come with the pre-installed windows.

Anoop

AK

You want fixes in a couple of hours or days?  That is awfully
difficult to get from any commercial vendor even if you pay a lot
from the compiler *AND* pay tens of thousands of dollars a year on
a support contract.  And they still may run into a problem that
they can't fix that fast.  You're much more likely to get a problem
that takes months or years to fix.  Jacob's been providing amazing
service (for any amount of money) right on this newsgroup.  Now, some
of the whining has been less than professional, but bugs in the
compiler still get fixed in days, not months.  You got a workaround
immediately.

And how fast would they fix a problem like this?  Probably no fix until
the next "Patch Tuesday" at the absolute best.  More likely, it's at
least 6 months before they are scheduled to release a maintenance
version of the compiler.

6 months is if the problem is critical. Since a workaround exists it
would be about a year for the next "Service Pack" to come out.

James

[...]
You want fixes in a couple of hours or days? That is awfully
difficult to get from any commercial vendor even if you pay a lot
from the compiler *AND* pay tens of thousands of dollars a year on
a support contract. And they still may run into a problem that
they can't fix that fast. You're much more likely to get a problem
that takes months or years to fix. Jacob's been providing amazing
service (for any amount of money) right on this newsgroup. Now, some
of the whining has been less than professional, but bugs in the
compiler still get fixed in days, not months. You got a workaround
immediately.

Great point! :^)

[...]

Noob

Why are you always snipping attribution lines? Do you think
Usenet conventions are beneath you?

Gordon said:
You want fixes in a couple of hours or days? That is awfully
difficult to get from any commercial vendor even if you pay a lot
from the compiler *AND* pay tens of thousands of dollars a year on
a support contract. And they still may run into a problem that
they can't fix that fast. You're much more likely to get a problem
that takes months or years to fix.

If one is willing to "pay tens of thousands of dollars a year on
a support contract" then one would be wiser using GCC, and paying
a consultant to fix/enhance the software on one's own schedule.
Jacob's been providing amazing
service (for any amount of money) right on this newsgroup.

You praise him for spamming the group? The mind boggles o_O
And how fast would they fix a problem like this? Probably no fix until
the next "Patch Tuesday" at the absolute best. More likely, it's at
least 6 months before they are scheduled to release a maintenance
version of the compiler.

When "a problem like this" is "the software refuses to install",
the "problem" tends to get fixed rather quickly, most of the time
during QA testing.

jacob navia

Le 06/10/11 10:49, Noob a écrit :
You praise him for spamming the group? The mind boggles o_O

I am not spamming anyone moron.

Read the question that started this thread.

Kleuskes & Moos

Le 05/10/11 21:22, tea strainer a écrit : [...]
Microsoft make a free compiler,
From the "free" compiler license we can read:
[...]

What was the adage again? "If you get something
for free, you're the product being traded"?

< I demand IMPUNITY! >
\
\
___