<compilers> 2.0

Guest

After conversion my web.config flaggs this element as an invalid child of
compilation. The solution runs ok. however, when i makes a change that causes
an error on compile this will get flagged by the compilier.
Is there a listing of items that need manuel cleanup after conversion?

Joshua Flanagan

WebBuilder451 said:
After conversion my web.config flaggs this element as an invalid child of
compilation. The solution runs ok. however, when i makes a change that causes
an error on compile this will get flagged by the compilier.
Is there a listing of items that need manuel cleanup after conversion?

From the documentation:

"In the .NET Framework version 2.0, the compilers child element of the
compilation element is deprecated in favor of the compilers element of
the system.codeDom section. However, using the compilers child element
of the compilation element is still valid and overrides the compilers
element that is located in the system.codedom section."

So, you do not necessarily need to manually clean it up, as it is just a
warning that you are using a deprecated element. The fact that it is
flagging it is telling you to look into it and see if you want to make
the manual change. The "list" of manual cleanup items should show up as
warnings or errors in your Task List.

Joshua Flanagan
http://flimflan.com/blog

Guest

thank you for responding,
I took it out as you said.
I guess i'm still looking for a cheet-sheet of other depreciated items

Joshua Flanagan

What problem are you trying to solve?
If you don't use the deprecated item, you won't have to worry about it.
If you do use the deprecated item, VS will tell you about it. The Task
List IS your cheat sheet, specifically tailored to things that matter to
you.
Hope I don't sound like a VS salesman, and I don't want to dissuade you
from fulfililng your curiosity, I just want to make it clear that you
don't have to study all the changes in order to successfully migrate code.