    Thanks
    Tene
    , Mar 22, 2007

  2. Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > I got few C programs related to image processing in a CD, when i
    > bought a text book called "C language Algorithms for Digital Signal
    > Processing". In a readme.txt file they said that they have tested
    > those programs by compling the code using Borland's TURBO C version
    > 2.0, Microsoft C versions 4.0 and 5.1 and they may not work with few
    > other compiliers. I tried compiling them with gcc and Microsoft Visual
    > C++ Version 5.0, I am getting lot of errors. I tried to correct each
    > program seperately, but there are like 25 to 30program (few are .C
    > files & few are .H files) all the programs are connected to each
    > other(in every program they called the other program and that program
    > calls some other) So that is like i have to correct all of the 25 to
    > 30 program to make a single program to work. I want to know if there
    > is any way that i can make programs to work with Microsoft Visual C++
    > Version5.0 by changing any options in that software.

    Post (the shortest!) example file, there might be a common problem that
    someone here would recognise.

    Those are very old compilers.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Mar 22, 2007

  3. Ian Collins said:

    > Those are very old compilers.

    Nevertheless, they are post-1989 and offer ANSI C conformance.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
    Richard Heathfield, Mar 22, 2007
  4. wrote:
    > I got few C programs related to image processing in a CD, when i
    > bought a text book called "C language Algorithms for Digital Signal
    > Processing". In a readme.txt file they said that they have tested
    > those programs by compling the code using Borland's TURBO C version
    > 2.0, Microsoft C versions 4.0 and 5.1 and they may not work with few
    > other compiliers.

    Hmmm, that means that they are referring to ten year old compilers. Some
    things changed in between, in particular compilers did get more standard
    conformant, a new standard was released and typical OSs changed.

    > I tried compiling them with gcc and Microsoft Visual C++ Version 5.0,
    > I am getting lot of errors. I tried to correct each program seperately,
    > but there are like 25 to 30program (few are .C files & few are .H files)
    > all the programs are connected to each other(in every program they
    > called the other program and that program calls some other) So that is
    > like i have to correct all of the 25 to 30 program to make a single
    > program to work.

    Yes, that could be.

    > I want to know if there is any way that i can make programs to work
    > with Microsoft Visual C++ Version5.0 by changing any options in that
    > software.

    VC5 is also ten years old, even the following version, despite its
    popularity, isn't supported by the vendor anymore.

    BTW: I'm not sure how good your general C knowledge is, but if you want to
    learn it, check out the reviews section at ACCU's website for recommended
    C beginners' books.

    Uli
    Ulrich Eckhardt, Mar 22, 2007
  5. Ian Collins wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> I got few C programs related to image processing in a CD,
    >>using Borland's TURBO C version 2.0, Microsoft C versions 4.0
    >> and 5.1
    >>... with gcc and Microsoft Visual C++ Version 5.0, I am getting
    >>lot of errors.

    >Post (the shortest!) example file, there might be a common problem that
    >someone here would recognise.

    I would expect most errors to be related to the
    use of non-standard DOS I/O extensions. That
    should be relatively simple to fix.

    Are you getting any errors or warnings related to
    missing header files? Check those first, a missing
    header file can generate torrents of errors in
    following code.

    >Those are very old compilers.

    Roberto Waltman

    [ Please reply to the group,
    return address is invalid ]
    Roberto Waltman, Mar 22, 2007
  6. Jack Klein Guest

    On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:14:02 +0000, Richard Heathfield
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > Ian Collins said:
    >
    > > Those are very old compilers.

    > Nevertheless, they are post-1989 and offer ANSI C conformance.

    Would have been nicer if you had quoted enough context to identify the
    compilers you were talking about.

    Turbo C 2.0 had some ANSI conformance, far from complete. Microsoft
    4.0, IIRC, was poorer.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com