Compiling a CPython library on Mac OSX

Boris Boutillier

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a port of a python library written in C to Mac OsX,
is there some documentation to help in the process ? I m having trouble
with the creation of the shared library, and I'm not sure this is the way
it should be done.

Boris

Just

"Boris Boutillier said:
I'm trying to make a port of a python library written in C to Mac OsX,
is there some documentation to help in the process ? I m having trouble
with the creation of the shared library, and I'm not sure this is the way
it should be done.

Does it come with a setup.py file? In that case: just follow the regular
instructions. Make sure you have the Apple developer tools installed.

Just

Boris Boutillier

Does it come with a setup.py file? In that case: just follow the regular
instructions. Make sure you have the Apple developer tools installed.
No at the moment this is not the case, this a personal extension I wrote
and I didn't made it a distutil extensions.

Boris

Just

Does it come with a setup.py file? In that case: just follow the regular
instructions. Make sure you have the Apple developer tools installed.
No at the moment this is not the case, this a personal extension I wrote
and I didn't made it a distutil extensions.[/QUOTE]

In that case: use distutils :) It's the easiest way to build C
extensions. A minimal setup.py is not hard to write.

Just