    As you understand I'm new to this, and will be greatful for any (detailed)
    help and explanation.
    AL Cs
    AL Cs, Feb 27, 2005

  2. AL Cs

    Guest

    Re: Compiling a CustomControl.vb file

    When you say "manually" what exactly do you mean?

    Are you talking about the process of compiling it by hand?
    or are you talking about how to deploy it to a server where you are
    unable to compile everything into a single assembly and deploy to the
    bin directory.
    If you are referring to the last one I believe all you have to do is
    change the CodeBehind attribute in your <% Control/page directive to a
    Src and make sure that the src is distributed. I believe that this src
    is then read and it is compiled automatically whenever a change is
    detected. This compiled format is then cached for x amount of time.
    , Mar 1, 2005

  3. AL Cs

    AL Cs Guest

    Re: Compiling a CustomControl.vb file

    Hi
    Thank you for your time on this.
    Actually, I do have problems with both of them, but it is the "hand compiled
    process" I am trying to handle and learn.
    AL Cs

    AL Cs, Mar 2, 2005
  4. AL Cs

    Guest

    Re: Compiling a CustomControl.vb file

    Tutotirals on using the Microsoft Visual Basic.NET Compiler from the
    command prompt.
    http://www.publicjoe.f9.co.uk/vbnet/vb02a.html
    http://www.publicjoe.f9.co.uk/vbnet/vb02b.html

    Complete MSDN VB.NET Compiler Options Reference
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...lerOptionsListedAlphabetically.asp?frame=true
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vblr7/html/vaoriVisualBasicCompilerOptions.asp

    I would also advise that if you are doing any sort of serious compiling
    you check out purchasing VB.NET Seperately. It should cost about 99 USD
    (seperately). If you go to any academic acadamies, such as school,
    college and are using it for academic purposes only you should see if
    your educational institution provides you with these tools for free or
    a ta greatly discounted price.

    Alternatively Microsoft is currently offering the VB.NET Express 2005
    beta as free if you are in a learning stage.
    , Mar 2, 2005
  5. AL Cs

    AL Cs Guest

    Re: Compiling a CustomControl.vb file