Compiling a program for windows

anonymous

Hello folks,

I need to compile a program for windows which I have not done
quite often. The program includes some header files like following:

#include <winsock2.h>
#include <windows.h>
#include <process.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <winbase.h>

All the include header files are there in the /include directory
except for winsock2.h and winbase.h.

Any idea where can I find these header files.

Thanks in advance.

jacob navia

anonymous said:
Hello folks,

I need to compile a program for windows which I have not done
quite often. The program includes some header files like following:

#include <winsock2.h>
#include <windows.h>
#include <process.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <winbase.h>

All the include header files are there in the /include directory
except for winsock2.h and winbase.h.

Any idea where can I find these header files.

Thanks in advance.
winsock2.h and winbase.h are parts of the Microsoft SDK
(Software Development Kit) for windows.

If your compiler doesn't provide this files, you can
download the SDK from Microsoft sites at no charge.
Go to www.msdn.microsoft.com

Normally, all windows compilers come with those files
installed. Which compiler are you using?

jacob

anonymous

Thanks for your reply and information.

The compiler I am using is Borland ver 3.1

anonymous

By the way, can you please suggest me a particular sdk as there are
sdks available
for many things on the web site you specified. Especially, if you can
specify the version
as well, it will be easier for me. The environment I am using is
Windows 2000.

Thanks,

Keith Thompson

anonymous said:
Thanks for your reply and information.

The compiler I am using is Borland ver 3.1

Two pieces of advice.

First, your question is system-specific; this newsgroup generally
limits itself to discussion of the standard C programming language.
You'll have better luck in a system-specific newsgroup, most likely
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.

Second, you posted a following without any context from the previous
message. If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't
use the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
"show options" at the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at
the bottom of the article headers.

anonymous

Keith said:
Two pieces of advice.

First, your question is system-specific; this newsgroup generally
limits itself to discussion of the standard C programming language.
You'll have better luck in a system-specific newsgroup, most likely
comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.

Second, you posted a following without any context from the previous
message. If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't
use the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
"show options" at the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at
the bottom of the article headers.
San Diego Supercomputer Center <*>
We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do
this.

"We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do
this."

:)

Sorry, I just forgot to use the appropriate reply only this time.

Thanks for the advice.

anonymous

Keith said:
[...]

CBFalconer

anonymous said:
Thanks for your reply and information.

Who is 'you', and what information?
The compiler I am using is Borland ver 3.1

If that matters you are off-topic on c.l.c.

If you must use the broken google interface to usenet, at least
follow the instructions in my sig. below. Every article should
stand by itself, and thus should have sufficient material quoted so
that the thing makes sense in isolation. At the same time it is
essential to snip material that is not relevant to your reply.

CBFalconer