    except for winsock2.h and winbase.h.

    Any idea where can I find these header files.

    Thanks in advance.
    anonymous, Apr 6, 2005

  2. anonymous

    jacob navia Guest

    anonymous wrote:
    > Hello folks,
    >
    > I need to compile a program for windows which I have not done
    > quite often. The program includes some header files like following:
    >
    > #include <winsock2.h>
    > #include <windows.h>
    > #include <process.h>
    > #include <string.h>
    > #include <winbase.h>
    >
    > All the include header files are there in the /include directory
    > except for winsock2.h and winbase.h.
    >

    > Any idea where can I find these header files.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    winsock2.h and winbase.h are parts of the Microsoft SDK
    (Software Development Kit) for windows.

    If your compiler doesn't provide this files, you can
    download the SDK from Microsoft sites at no charge.
    Go to www.msdn.microsoft.com

    Normally, all windows compilers come with those files
    installed. Which compiler are you using?

    jacob
    jacob navia, Apr 6, 2005

  3. anonymous

    anonymous Guest

    Thanks for your reply and information.

    The compiler I am using is Borland ver 3.1
    anonymous, Apr 7, 2005
  4. anonymous

    anonymous Guest

    By the way, can you please suggest me a particular sdk as there are
    sdks available
    for many things on the web site you specified. Especially, if you can
    specify the version
    as well, it will be easier for me. The environment I am using is
    Windows 2000.

    Thanks,
    anonymous, Apr 7, 2005
  5. "anonymous" <> writes:
    > Thanks for your reply and information.
    >
    > The compiler I am using is Borland ver 3.1

    Two pieces of advice.

    First, your question is system-specific; this newsgroup generally
    limits itself to discussion of the standard C programming language.
    You'll have better luck in a system-specific newsgroup, most likely
    comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.

    Second, you posted a following without any context from the previous
    message. If you want to post a followup via groups.google.com, don't
    use the broken "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on
    "show options" at the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at
    the bottom of the article headers.

    Keith Thompson, Apr 7, 2005
  6. anonymous

    anonymous Guest

    <http://www.ghoti.net/~kst>

    <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
    > We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do

    this.

    "We must do something. This is something. Therefore, we must do
    this."

    :)

    Sorry, I just forgot to use the appropriate reply only this time.

    Thanks for the advice.
    anonymous, Apr 7, 2005
  7. anonymous

    anonymous Guest

    anonymous, Apr 7, 2005
  8. anonymous

    CBFalconer Guest

    anonymous wrote:

    > Thanks for your reply and information.

    Who is 'you', and what information?

    > The compiler I am using is Borland ver 3.1

    If that matters you are off-topic on c.l.c.

    If you must use the broken google interface to usenet, at least
    follow the instructions in my sig. below. Every article should
    stand by itself, and thus should have sufficient material quoted so
    that the thing makes sense in isolation. At the same time it is
    essential to snip material that is not relevant to your reply.

    CBFalconer, Apr 7, 2005
  9. anonymous

    CBFalconer Guest

    CBFalconer, Apr 7, 2005
  10. anonymous

    jacob navia Guest

    anonymous wrote:
    > Thanks for your reply and information.
    >
    > The compiler I am using is Borland ver 3.1

    That's a 16 Bit compiler ????
    If true, you are stuck. Windows 16 bit doesn't exist any more.

    Get a new 32 bit compiler.

    <<OFF TOPIC>>

    A good compiler for free can be downloaded from:
    http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32
    jacob navia, Apr 7, 2005
  11. anonymous

    anonymous Guest

    jacob navia wrote:
    > anonymous wrote:
    > > Thanks for your reply and information.
    > >
    > > The compiler I am using is Borland ver 3.1
    > >

    > That's a 16 Bit compiler ????
    > If true, you are stuck. Windows 16 bit doesn't exist any more.
    >

    > Get a new 32 bit compiler.
    >
    > <<OFF TOPIC>>
    >
    > A good compiler for free can be downloaded from:
    > http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32

    Thanks for your help.
    anonymous, Apr 8, 2005