Compiling error, please

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Beny Rey, Dec 12, 2003.

  1. Beny Rey

    Beny Rey Guest

    Hi Everybody,

    When I tried to compile my CustomControl ( to be later called from a ASP.NET
    page )

    I always get the following message:

    "vbc: Command Line error BC2012: can not open ..\bin\CustomControls.dll
    for writing"

    Could anyone please explain me which is the problem?

    Thanks

    Beny

    Beny Rey, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Beny Rey

    Beny Rey Guest

    Thanks a lot. I finally found the problem.

    The text book fooled me, it incorporates a \bin\CustomControl.dll.

    in the compiler command line. But I don't have that folder bin. Deleting

    it ( or using a real folder name such as \aRealFolderName\CustomControl)

    solved it.

    Beny

    Beny Rey, Dec 13, 2003