compiling extension DLLs for ActiveState 2.3 (xstruct.pyd)

Jon Nicoll

Hi all
anyone know what compiler and version I should use to compile an
extension module for ActiveState Python 2.3?

<background>
quite a few years ago I used a useful Python extension module called
xstruct in a program suite. It does a similar job to what ctypes does
nowadays, AFAICT. The extension is a C file compiled to a .DLL for
windows.

It's been a few years, and I'd like to re-use the program. In the
meantime I've migrated python versions - I'm currently on ActiveState
Python 2.3. I'm assuming (admittedly without trying it ;-/) that the
..PYD won't work in this environment, and the author hasn't updated the
distribution in the meantime.
</background>

alternatively, has anyone already got xstruct already compiled for
this platform?

Thanks a lot
Jon N