    Thank All

    Marco
    , Mar 23, 2006

  2. Ico Guest

    wrote:

    > i trying to compile ffmpeg v 0.4.9. with minGW compiler with make
    > instruction,
    >
    > but at the end of the process none dlls have been created, only the exe
    > file (in c:\program files\ffmpeg directory).
    >
    > I need the dll files (avcodec.dll & avformat.dll) because i want to
    > use ffmpeg function in a program written in c.
    >
    > have u any advice ?
    >
    > Or, how can i use ffmpeg with c/c++ ?
    >
    > i wasn't able to include the avcodec.lib and avformat.lib

    Marco,

    It seems that you don't have a problem with the C language, but with the
    build system of a specific library. FFmpeg has it's own mailinglist, try
    to post your question there.

    _Ico

    --
    :wq
    ^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C
    Ico, Mar 23, 2006

  3. Ian Malone Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > i trying to compile ffmpeg v 0.4.9. with minGW compiler with make
    > instruction,
    >
    > but at the end of the process none dlls have been created, only the exe
    > file (in c:\program files\ffmpeg directory).
    >
    > I need the dll files (avcodec.dll & avformat.dll) because i want to
    > use ffmpeg function in a program written in c.
    >
    > have u any advice ?
    >
    > Or, how can i use ffmpeg with c/c++ ?
    >
    > i wasn't able to include the avcodec.lib and avformat.lib

    I don't know. People that might (in this order):

    <http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/documentation.php>

    <http://www.google.com/>

    imalone
    Ian Malone, Mar 23, 2006

    Re: compiling ffmpeg -> missed dlls

    thanks, but i already looked on ffmpeg, also on google..

    but i asked here, because i'm not a good c++ developer, so i don't know
    if there are some options to compile a code for get an dll..

    Thanks,

    Marco
    , Mar 23, 2006
  5. Re: compiling ffmpeg -> missed dlls

    wrote:
    > thanks, but i already looked on ffmpeg, also on google..
    >
    > but i asked here, because i'm not a good c++ developer, so i don't know
    > if there are some options to compile a code for get an dll..

    There are, but these are implementation/linker specific. The C code
    doesn't really care about that. A C compiler basically only makes
    object code for the target system. The linker does the necessary magic
    required to have that turned into an executable or library of some sort,
    linking it with system libraries and the various runtime stuff.

    You need to look at your build system and linker options and figure it
    out. Hint: I suspect you have some .o files created by the compiler.
    These need to be linked with the right options to create .dll or .lib
    file(s).
    void * clvrmnky(), Mar 23, 2006
  6. CBFalconer Guest

    wrote:

    > thanks, but i already looked on ffmpeg, also on google..
    >
    > but i asked here, because i'm not a good c++ developer, so i don't
    > know if there are some options to compile a code for get an dll..

    Meaningless, without included context, see below.

    People who are equally likely to know all about dlls:

    Your local butcher.
    Posters to c.l.c.
    Your ex-girl friend.
    Your dog.

    --
    "The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without
    formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to
    whether Nazi or Communist." -- W. Churchill, Nov 21, 1943
    CBFalconer, Mar 23, 2006
  7. Re: compiling ffmpeg -> missed dlls

    writes:
    > thanks, but i already looked on ffmpeg, also on google..
    >
    > but i asked here, because i'm not a good c++ developer, so i don't know
    > if there are some options to compile a code for get an dll..

    Not being a good C++ developer is irrelevant, since this is
    comp.lang.c. (C and C++ are two different languages.)

    We discuss the C programming language here, not how to use particular
    implementations of it. I'm sorry you didn't get help elsehwere; that
    doesn't make your question topical here, and it doesn't mean we're
    going to be able to help you.

    And please read <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/>.

    Keith Thompson, Mar 23, 2006