compiling ffmpeg -> missed dlls

m.arfini

Hi All,

i trying to compile ffmpeg v 0.4.9. with minGW compiler with make
instruction,

but at the end of the process none dlls have been created, only the exe
file (in c:\program files\ffmpeg directory).

I need the dll files (avcodec.dll & avformat.dll) because i want to
use ffmpeg function in a program written in c.

have u any advice ?

Or, how can i use ffmpeg with c/c++ ?

i wasn't able to include the avcodec.lib and avformat.lib

Help me, please !!!

Thank All

Marco

Ico

i trying to compile ffmpeg v 0.4.9. with minGW compiler with make
instruction,

but at the end of the process none dlls have been created, only the exe
file (in c:\program files\ffmpeg directory).

I need the dll files (avcodec.dll & avformat.dll) because i want to
use ffmpeg function in a program written in c.

have u any advice ?

Or, how can i use ffmpeg with c/c++ ?

i wasn't able to include the avcodec.lib and avformat.lib

Marco,

It seems that you don't have a problem with the C language, but with the
build system of a specific library. FFmpeg has it's own mailinglist, try
to post your question there.

_Ico

Ian Malone

Hi All,

i trying to compile ffmpeg v 0.4.9. with minGW compiler with make
instruction,

but at the end of the process none dlls have been created, only the exe
file (in c:\program files\ffmpeg directory).

I need the dll files (avcodec.dll & avformat.dll) because i want to
use ffmpeg function in a program written in c.

have u any advice ?

Or, how can i use ffmpeg with c/c++ ?

i wasn't able to include the avcodec.lib and avformat.lib

I don't know. People that might (in this order):

<http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/documentation.php>

<http://www.google.com/>

m.arfini

thanks, but i already looked on ffmpeg, also on google..

but i asked here, because i'm not a good c++ developer, so i don't know
if there are some options to compile a code for get an dll..

Thanks,

Marco

void * clvrmnky()

thanks, but i already looked on ffmpeg, also on google..

but i asked here, because i'm not a good c++ developer, so i don't know
if there are some options to compile a code for get an dll..
There are, but these are implementation/linker specific. The C code
doesn't really care about that. A C compiler basically only makes
object code for the target system. The linker does the necessary magic
required to have that turned into an executable or library of some sort,
linking it with system libraries and the various runtime stuff.

You need to look at your build system and linker options and figure it
out. Hint: I suspect you have some .o files created by the compiler.
These need to be linked with the right options to create .dll or .lib
file(s).

CBFalconer

thanks, but i already looked on ffmpeg, also on google..

but i asked here, because i'm not a good c++ developer, so i don't
know if there are some options to compile a code for get an dll..

Meaningless, without included context, see below.

People who are equally likely to know all about dlls:

Your local butcher.
Posters to c.l.c.
Your ex-girl friend.
Your dog.

--
"The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without
formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to
whether Nazi or Communist." -- W. Churchill, Nov 21, 1943

Keith Thompson

thanks, but i already looked on ffmpeg, also on google..

but i asked here, because i'm not a good c++ developer, so i don't know
if there are some options to compile a code for get an dll..

Not being a good C++ developer is irrelevant, since this is
comp.lang.c. (C and C++ are two different languages.)

We discuss the C programming language here, not how to use particular
implementations of it. I'm sorry you didn't get help elsehwere; that
doesn't make your question topical here, and it doesn't mean we're
going to be able to help you.

And please read <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/>.