compiling from 3 party editor

Jan

Dear group,

I'm using Xilinx ISE to write and compile my VHDL code but I would like
to use an external editor like VIM or SlickEdit.

I just can't find any information about how to do syntax check or
compiling from outside the ISE.

I guess that there is a command line way to do this??

Hope to get a clue :) Thanks!

Regards
Jan

Benjamin Krill

Hi Jan
I guess that there is a command line way to do this??

Yes, there a ways. Either you use xflow or you call all tools
(xst, map, par, ...) by your own.

cheers
ben

Mike Treseler

Jan said:
I'm using Xilinx ISE to write and compile my VHDL code but I would like
to use an external editor like VIM or SlickEdit.

Most editors have some way to set a compile command
and and a regexp for the resulting syntax errors.
My vhdl compile command is "vcom"

-- Mike Treseler