compiling jni dlls with gcc for xp

ian ward

Hello,

I have been given some jni classes, developed to run under linux.

My first problem was to find out how to get them compiled to run under
windows XP. I already had their dlls compiled (using the vc++ compiler)
and the jni running ok under windows '98 but it wasn't happy under
XP.

Eventually I managed, raking through old threads on this forum, to get
them to compile using gcc which I understood would be a better bet.

The basic test routines passed ok so I tried to incorporate the jni
into a java app as I had under '98. However, they seem to be
extremely temperamental and their behaviour seems to depend a lot on
where and when I call them within my app.

My question goes back to the compilation. I noticed that, although the
intermediate .o files were of different sizes, between 2 to 10kb, the
dlls are all 464 kb. Is there some sort of minimum size for dlls or has
something gone amiss in the compilation?

Thanks
Ian