    it.

    TIA
    , Nov 8, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Now that I am trying to install Debian from a CD, [..]
    > As you can see I am in a vicious circle, can anyone help me get out of
    > it.

    Somebody in the newsgroup for your platform should be able to help.

    Come back and post here again when you have a C++ language question.

    Victor Bazarov, Nov 8, 2007

  3. Christopher Guest

    On Nov 8, 2:49 pm, "" <> wrote:
    > Now that I am trying to install Debian from a CD, I found that the
    > network card was not supported, I read that some dude had found a
    > driver for the NIC in a MSI-M662 laptot, I myself don't know what kind
    > of NIC is in this machine, I am going by what the dude claims.
    > However, after downloading the alleged driver, I had to compile it,
    > for that I need to have 'make', but this machine does not have the
    > make program, after downloading it from the GNU' FTP site, I found out
    > that I also have to build this program using 'make'.
    > As you can see I am in a vicious circle, can anyone help me get out of
    > it.
    >
    > TIA

    Do you have a compiler installed such as gcc? If, so, you can tear
    apart the make file and enter the commands manually. All a make file
    does is call the compiler with differant arguments. You can google
    make to translate from a make file to manual commands. If the make
    file is very large and full of macros this could be a pain though. A
    better bet is to go to a newgroup for your particular distro and ask
    for a solution there, as there is most definatly an easier way, but
    this is the wrong place to ask it.
    Christopher, Nov 8, 2007

    On Nov 8, 12:55 pm, Christopher <> wrote:
    > On Nov 8, 2:49 pm, "" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Now that I am trying to install Debian from a CD, I found that the
    > > network card was not supported, I read that some dude had found a
    > > driver for the NIC in a MSI-M662 laptot, I myself don't know what kind
    > > of NIC is in this machine, I am going by what the dude claims.
    > > However, after downloading the alleged driver, I had to compile it,
    > > for that I need to have 'make', but this machine does not have the
    > > make program, after downloading it from the GNU' FTP site, I found out
    > > that I also have to build this program using 'make'.
    > > As you can see I am in a vicious circle, can anyone help me get out of
    > > it.

    > > TIA

    > Do you have a compiler installed such as gcc? If, so, you can tear
    > apart the make file and enter the commands manually. All a make file
    > does is call the compiler with differant arguments. You can google
    > make to translate from a make file to manual commands. If the make
    > file is very large and full of macros this could be a pain though. A
    > better bet is to go to a newgroup for your particular distro and ask
    > for a solution there, as there is most definatly an easier way, but
    > this is the wrong place to ask it.
    , Nov 24, 2007
  5. wrote:
    > However, after downloading the alleged driver, I had to compile it,
    > for that I need to have 'make', but this machine does not have the
    > make program, after downloading it from the GNU' FTP site, I found out
    > that I also have to build this program using 'make'.

    If the source code consists of a bunch of .c files in one single
    directory, it might be possible to compile them with a simple
    "gcc -O2 *.c -o make". Check CFLAGS and LDFLAGS in the makefile to see
    if there are some additional required command-line parameters.
    Juha Nieminen, Nov 24, 2007