compiling 'make' w/o 'make' (?)

jalqadir

Now that I am trying to install Debian from a CD, I found that the
network card was not supported, I read that some dude had found a
driver for the NIC in a MSI-M662 laptot, I myself don't know what kind
of NIC is in this machine, I am going by what the dude claims.
However, after downloading the alleged driver, I had to compile it,
for that I need to have 'make', but this machine does not have the
make program, after downloading it from the GNU' FTP site, I found out
that I also have to build this program using 'make'.
As you can see I am in a vicious circle, can anyone help me get out of
it.

TIA

Victor Bazarov

Now that I am trying to install Debian from a CD, [..]
As you can see I am in a vicious circle, can anyone help me get out of
it.

Somebody in the newsgroup for your platform should be able to help.

Come back and post here again when you have a C++ language question.

Christopher

Now that I am trying to install Debian from a CD, I found that the
network card was not supported, I read that some dude had found a
driver for the NIC in a MSI-M662 laptot, I myself don't know what kind
of NIC is in this machine, I am going by what the dude claims.
However, after downloading the alleged driver, I had to compile it,
for that I need to have 'make', but this machine does not have the
make program, after downloading it from the GNU' FTP site, I found out
that I also have to build this program using 'make'.
As you can see I am in a vicious circle, can anyone help me get out of
it.

TIA

Do you have a compiler installed such as gcc? If, so, you can tear
apart the make file and enter the commands manually. All a make file
does is call the compiler with differant arguments. You can google
make to translate from a make file to manual commands. If the make
file is very large and full of macros this could be a pain though. A
better bet is to go to a newgroup for your particular distro and ask
for a solution there, as there is most definatly an easier way, but
this is the wrong place to ask it.

jalqadir

Do you have a compiler installed such as gcc? If, so, you can tear
apart the make file and enter the commands manually. All a make file
does is call the compiler with differant arguments. You can google
make to translate from a make file to manual commands. If the make
file is very large and full of macros this could be a pain though. A
better bet is to go to a newgroup for your particular distro and ask
for a solution there, as there is most definatly an easier way, but
this is the wrong place to ask it.

Juha Nieminen

However, after downloading the alleged driver, I had to compile it,
for that I need to have 'make', but this machine does not have the
make program, after downloading it from the GNU' FTP site, I found out
that I also have to build this program using 'make'.

If the source code consists of a bunch of .c files in one single
directory, it might be possible to compile them with a simple
"gcc -O2 *.c -o make". Check CFLAGS and LDFLAGS in the makefile to see
if there are some additional required command-line parameters.