Compiling nonexistent cvsignore file

Discussion in 'Python' started by python-listNOSPAMthankyou@lahf.org, Jul 5, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Can you  help me, can you pass me onto someone who can?

    Whilst compiling:
    rpmbuild --rebuild python2.3-2.3.4-2pydotorg.src.rpm
    I got an error:
    RPM build errors:
        user jafo does not exist - using root
        group jafo does not exist - using root
        user jafo does not exist - using root
        group jafo does not exist - using root
        user jafo does not exist - using root
        group jafo does not exist - using root
    File not found:
    /var/tmp/python2.3-2.3.4-root/usr/lib/python2.3/Tools/freeze/.cvsignore

    I'm not to concerned about the user and group errors (should I be?), but I am
    with the cvsignore file not found. Should I just head on over to the cvs, and
    grab myself a cutting edge version of the Python src RPM? Or what .. ? Does
    anyone have the links to where these solutions may be, please?

    --
    -- No Spam solicited, from you or by you, Thanks.

  2. Peter Hansen Guest

    wrote:

    > Can you help me, can you pass me onto someone who can?
    >
    > Whilst compiling:
    > rpmbuild --rebuild python2.3-2.3.4-2pydotorg.src.rpm
    > I got an error:
    > RPM build errors:
    > user jafo does not exist - using root
    > group jafo does not exist - using root
    > user jafo does not exist - using root
    > group jafo does not exist - using root
    > user jafo does not exist - using root
    > group jafo does not exist - using root
    > File not found:
    > /var/tmp/python2.3-2.3.4-root/usr/lib/python2.3/Tools/freeze/.cvsignore
    >
    > I'm not to concerned about the user and group errors (should I be?), but I am
    > with the cvsignore file not found. Should I just head on over to the cvs, and
    > grab myself a cutting edge version of the Python src RPM? Or what .. ? Does
    > anyone have the links to where these solutions may be, please?

    Wouldn't "echo >.cvsignore" be adequate? Or perhaps something like
    "echo "*.pyc">.cvsignore" would be better.

    It's an irrelevant file unless (a) you are using CVS, and (b) you
    particularly care to have certain files ignored by CVS.
    Peter Hansen, Jul 6, 2004